Sony explode xm 2252hx

amp user
A friend is selling this amp, May be the biggest amp in size iv seen, any specs? sony explode xm 2252hx

2 chanel, how much power does this give out..

Whats your thoughts on Sony amp's

Seth
they're fuking good, i was just at A&B and he previewed them for me and a buddy omg do they ever pump

marcus
I was wondering if a sony xplod xm-2165gtx is a good amp, i am about to buy one for 109.99
any suggestons

Anonymous
well hooked up my sony amp today subs sounded great for like 10 mins then poof white smoke all over the place made the subs so hot that they almost caught fire, and fore the cd players man they only work good for like 3 months! i'm not sure if i trust sony for car audio! imho

dam
U probably hooked her up wrong

marcus
so what do you guys think about sony xplod amps

Derbokes
They put out a lot of juice, but they are shiz for sound quality.

Has anyone heard the beyma car speakers I found on http://www.usspeaker.com/Beyma%20Car%20Audio-1.htm
I was interested in their woofers and tweeters with replaceable diaphragms.

marcus
i have a question.my amp pushes 165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms,200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms,and 400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms. when it says it pushes 165 w x 2 does that mean each sub that is 4 ohms get 165 watts or does each sub get 330 watts.please help me out.thanks.

Travis
It means that each sub at 4 ohms will get 165 watts because you have each sub connected to a separate channel. If your amp is bridgeable to 4 ohms at 400 watts i reccomend getting some 8ohm subs (JL makes them) and running the subs in parallel which would be a four ohm load to the amp and each sub would get 200watts rms.

Mandy
I love sony Explode, It sounds awsome in my 2002 Eclipse.

I have a XM 2252HX amp and i was wondering how many watts it was pumping out.... i dont' know any specs i bought it from a friend and he said it was pumping around 1000watts so i would like to know....please email me with any information thnx

I WILL BE GETTIN AN 95 BMW I IN 1 WEEK AN I WAS THINKIN ABOUT SONY WHILE AT TWEETER (CAR AUDIO STORE) I WAS WONDERIN IF U UYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IS THE BEST CAR AUDIO SYSTEM ON THE MARKET I WANT TO RATTLE WINDOWS WHILE CRUSIN DOWN THE STREET AND HAVE THE BEST SOUND UALITY NOTE: THIS CAR WILL BE TRANSFORMED TO AN SHOW CAR SO UR SGGESTIONS WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLEY THANK ALOT !!!!!!!!

forget sony, sony's car audio stuff is complete junk.

for show, there are a few things that perform well and look good too.

diamond subs look great and have the performance to back it up.

for amps, i'd go xtant, chrome polished, look great and perform well too.

for interior speakers look into maybe dynaudio, oz audio, infinity, eclipse, or boston.

thats a small recommendation, hit me up with an email if you want more detail.

Anonymous
i got an sony amp da other day and it performed well i havent had any problems yet but it sucks a lot of power from the batt ive also got a cheap blaupunkt 400w amp together their a couple and a half sound great they have the lowest spl ive ever heard the subs love it any one got any ideas for some 6/9s for a bit of mid range. thanx

I am thinking of buying 2 sony xplode XS-L121P5 12" subwoofers and was wondering what kind of amp i should get w/ them that isnt too expensive. Thanks.

Anonymous
Anyone know the sealed enclosure minimums for a set of explode 10s. The kicker 10 subs show .88 cu feet, cant find any diggs on the sony?

I am thinking of buying 2 sony xplode XS-L121P5 12" subwoofers and was wondering what kind of amp i should get w/ them that isnt too expensive. Thanks.

i have 2 sony xplodes the 10s but there the older round ones im running a alpine 305 amp using its low pass filter but the bass donsnt have much hape im running off an old jensen cause cd players goin in for repair any suggestions?
I mean they pound like hell lol but want more clarity is it cause im running off the rear speaker out puts?

Sony explode is by far the worst amp I have ever bought in my life. I am currently running two coustic class "D" amps that I was told about, my sony explode amp is used to keep my speaker box from falling forward when I hit the brakes. Save your money or buy a radio shack amp before you buy sony. The 10" sony explode speakers are awesome but sony's power sources are for kids.

vance
derek your mixing too many brands. stick with one. i.e.Alpine, or Sony Or whatever
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us