Pioneer DEH-P960MP

Bronze Member
Username: Gsxjimmy328

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 18
anyone have on or know someone that does... Thoughts, opinions on it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3425
I've played with them. They're okay, but I always see people wearing out the ribbon cable that goes to the faceplate from the faceplate moving around all the time.

The common thing to do is get the P860MP, it's the same thing without the faceplate movement. And it's a great deal cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Gsxjimmy328

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 20
hmm thanks for the tip..

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1061
i'd opt for a newer 780 or 880 PRS. The 880 PRS is pure SQ no thrills about it. A very nice deck with some awesome features to it.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 108
agree

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 50
I had the P960mp and loved it. I only had it about 3 months so I probably didn't have it long enough to wear out the cable, but it performed awesomely. I haven't tried the 780 or 880, but I mainly went with the 960 because I didn't like that huge knob in the middle of the face of the others. I would recommend it if the stats are what you're looking for. The ONLY reason I let mine go was because I traded in my car and the dealer gave me enough extra money to leave my entire system in it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3429

quote:

I traded in my car and the dealer gave me enough extra money to leave my entire system in it.

Interesting...usually the stereo isn't a selling point for a car, or at least it doesn't usually make a difference in the price of the car, even if there was a 2k system in it. Good stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2470
usually they want the factory stuff back in it. i guess it depends on the dealer and the type of car. maby they will jack up the price and sell it to some kid and use the system as the selling point...?? lol

i have the 880 and its great. get the 780 if you want some flash without losing a lot of performance. thoes dual face things always had problems.

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 51
Yeah, it surprised me too. I had that stereo, a PRS-D3000SPL amp and 2 12" TS-W3002SPL subs and they gave me $2,000 more than my payoff to leave it in there. I'll post pics of it later.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 110
p780mp nor p880prs would perform great sq is just that the 880 has more points because of dual 24 bit

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2482
the 780 has the 24 bit Burr Brown DAC too...

both are great SQ head units, why do you say they wouldn't be good mrsq??

but the 880 is rumored to have "home quality" Burr Brown DAC...?? read that somewhere, no idea if its true or if there even is a thing.

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 52
Here is a link to see what I had in my car since the bragging area thread is not showing up for me. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36227139@N00/. You'll have to copy the link into a new window for some reason.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 112
read it carefully again brandon, i dont mean that p780 didnt have 24 bit dac , i know it does have it but what i mean is that the p880prs has dual and dual and dual and dual 24 bit dac which makes it better ok

Username: Solidskinkrew

Post Number: 1
i have owned the p960mp for over a year now and have just recently started having problems with it. i replaced the ribbon from the faceplate about a month ago and was charged an arm and a leg by a pioneer authorized repair shop and now im having a new problem and refuse to take it back to them, anyways here is my new problem....

for some reason the oel display has stopped working. the faceplate works fine and i can hear my music but the oel display is just black. whenever i lower my faceplate the oel flickers for just a moment like its going to come on and then it turns back off. does anyone know what i can do to fix this or know of any place i can find out what might be causing this?

charlie

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3630
Oh man, I hate to be the one to tell you this, Charlie, but when the OEL dies, it's best to just get a new head unit. Pioneer won't fix it, they'll exchange it. The exchange can take a month and it seems like you have no kind of warranty (if you did, why did the authorized repair center charge so much?), and if you have no warranty, they'll probably charge you for the new unit. This is all provided the ribbon cable is still good.

Then again, you never know if something else caused the display to die like that...from my experience, though, I would say you lost your OEL display.

Personally, I would sell it on ebay and use the money to help in purchasing a new unit.

Username: Solidskinkrew

Post Number: 2
the reason i got reamed at the repair center was because i purchased the head unit on ebay and couldnt find my purchase receipt. anyways, im not sure that the oel is completely dead because it does flash on for a second but then goes off when the faceplate is completely down.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 207
i have one for sale, good condition if anyone wants it

vinnyqh@gmail.com

asking 325
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us