A8002v Amp... Flexable Power?

Bronze Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 68
Hey guys,
So basicly I want an amp that I can use for now but have some extra power because I will want to upgrade in the future.
My current subs are some crappy 12" RF punch stage 1n's showed here, but they will do for my first set-up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9741311077%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26
I am thinking of buying a Audiobahn a8002v shown here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/A8002V-Audiobahn-800W-RMS-2-1-Ch-Intake-Amp-NEW-A8002T_W0QQi temZ230007330861QQihZ013QQcategoryZ48597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
So my question is basicly can I wire the a8002v in a way to power my RF's with a total of 300RMS without blowing them, But have room to improve in the futre without getting a new amp? And in the future be able to power a couple 400RMS subs. I was told this could work out perfect, I could wire them so for now the RF's get 400 RMS, but could also use it later to power up to 800RMS. Thanks in advace for your help.
Kyle

Bronze Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 77
those links never work so what voice coil configuration are they???? 4 or 8 ohm??? If they are four then you will get about 200 to each sub at 4 ohms a piece, if they are 8 then you will prolly get around 100 or so apiece unless u bridege them to a 4ohm load which will over power your subs.

I believe the amps specs are 200x2@4ohm
400x2@2ohm
800x1@4ohm bridged mono

Bronze Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 78
those links never work so what voice coil configuration are they???? 4 or 8 ohm??? If they are four then you will get about 200 to each sub at 4 ohms a piece, if they are 8 then you will prolly get around 100 or so apiece unless u bridege them to a 4ohm load which will over power your subs.

Also if u are scared of blowing the subs just set the gain lower.

I believe the amps specs are 200x2@4ohm
400x2@2ohm
800x1@4ohm bridged mono

Bronze Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 79
sorry for the double post I had left something out and couldnt stop.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
They are single Voice coil, 4 ohms. So would the amp work?

Bronze Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 82
yeah you would be slightly overpowering them so I suggest not setting the gain so high and it should sound nice. Also when you want to upgrade make sure you get the correct VC setup for the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
What exactly is gain? and what do you sugest setting it at?

Bronze Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 84
well u have to look at your head units pre-amp output voltage which is usually from 2 to 5 volts.figure that out then if the amp has the gain setting numbered in volts set it to your pre-amp voltage, if not you must turn your volume up like 3/4 of the way and if you hear distortion from your subs then the gain is too high.

just adjust it until you hear no distortion. remember to leave it at 3/4 volume throughout this process to get the right setting.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2625
you have to run amp stereo mode, 1 speaker per channel, it is not stable bridged at 2ohms..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us