Kicker sx 1250 amp question

Username: Sunnyice

Post Number: 1
hi, i dont know much about sound system, im getting 2 12' kicker l7's 4ohm. i asked the sound store near my house what amp would be good for them, he said the kicker sx 1250 would good and he said it would be wicked. is he telling the truth or just b*llsh*it?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 247
yea that would be good but it would be better to get 2 12' cvx's instead of L7's

Post Number: 2
what are cvx's?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 248
kicker subs there as loud as L7's but better sq

Post Number: 4
ok, i saw them, but they are cheaper than the solobarics, why?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2362
lol. i really dont kno why. the l7's are sucky subs IMO. they have no sq (sound quality) at ALL. The best bet would be to go wit the CVX's, they are basically the newer and improved model of the comp vr's...

if you got the DVC 2 ohm subs (of cvx's) i would get the kicker zx1500 -- this would be a really really great setup. i would first look at the zx1500 and see if its in ur budget, if it is, get the DVC 2 ohm subs and get that amps and wire to a 2 ohm load, giving each sub 800 watts rms

Post Number: 6
thanks, isnt 800 watts too much? it only has 750 rms.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2375
750 is the rec. amount of rms. 800 into a 750 watt rms sub is nothin. the thing is, is that when you see a 1500 watt amp, you will normally never see the whole 1500 watts unless you upgrade your electrical system (aka alternator) so that it can keep steady voltage. Amp companies rate their amps at 14.4 volts, so that kicker mp does 1500 @ 14.4 volts (which your car wont reach unless u upgrade your electrical system). so basically you wouldnt be gettin 800 to each sub, more around 750.

but those sub can take alot, and putting 900 wouldnt be overpowering them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok, it is true that the cvx are way better the l7? and i think kicker makes a box for 2 cvx. would they pound hard too?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
hello??

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2382
sry man. i'm not on here 24/7 lol. and yes, they are better than the L7's. i dont kno of the box that they make the CVX's for. do you have a picture? or a link?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2384
but ya, put them in a ported box, made of MDF 3/4", and tuned to 35-38 and it will be loud
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us