Component questions

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 34
ok, i couple days ago i got my new audiobahn component set and i wired up the crossovers to a 2 channel 200 watt rockford fosgate amp with only the tweeters hooked up to the crossover as i am waiting for a speaker adapter to ship. is it bad for the crossover to do this? i played the tweeters and they sounded good, but would shut off after playing for a few minutes. any help? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 40
bump?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 927
well if you have you tweeters hooked up to the tweeter outputs from the crossover, you're fine. As for your amp shutting off after a few minutes, thats kinda scary. Does it run really hot? It sounds like the impedence of the load is too low for the amp to handle.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1056
the tweeters carry little to no impedence. You should be fine to wire the tweet on the passive and run it off the amp without the other driver. But the amp shutting off could be a few other things like protection modes either thermal or clipping it. You should take it to a shop or CC or BB to have it looked at.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2400
or just look at it urself... make sure your gain on the amp isnt too high. and make sure u have a good ground, meaning it should be grounded to bare metal, not paint.

Is the amp hot, when it shuts off?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2401
you can open the heatsink of the amp and see if you see anything damaged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us