Any suggestions???

Username: Ironj32

Post Number: 2
-I just recently bought a 2000 grand cherokee with the infinity gold system. First i hooked up my sub amp by using high/low converter, and i tapped the remote wire into the remote wire of the factory amp. The subs sounded good and hit pretty hard.
-Now just a few days ago, i had my own alpine head unit installed, and rca's & remote wire directly into the HU. Also, they bypassed the factory speakers to the HU (making the infinity amp obsolete. But now the subs don't get anywhere near as loud and the bass on the front 6x9's and rear 6 1/2's don't seem to do anything either. The factory speakers are much louder now, but don't have the bass. My sub's are wired exactly as they were b4 and the amp settings are also the same. I have played with all of the settings on the head unit as well. I had the same HU, amp, and subs in a previous car and they all sounded and worked great. Any suggestions on what would be going on with the Jeep?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 193
It's because the factory amp was bypassed. I just took one out of a 97 Probe (such a pain in the @ss) to put in a new HU and although it was louder, the bass seemed to...not really be there anymore. Thats why you just upgrade the speakers and get an amp to power them!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3402
Adjust the gains on your subwoofer amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us