Tips and Tricks - Accessories

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1287
Well, I've been into car audio for awhile now, and thought I'd make a thread about accessories that I wish I had known existed when I started.. If you have any neat accessories that might not be known to the world, or any little tips/idea's that makes things easier that you wish you'd known about in the beginning, post them here. :-)

For starters - I wish I had known about these, for sure.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3067&mfrcode=SWE&mfr partnumber=PL08107

When I started out, I was ALWAYS splicing wires etc.. And these things would have made everything so much easier, and saved me a lot of time re-splicing etc.. They're by far the best splicing accessory I've used.. (I can pull as hard as I can - and it still stays secure) and no need for electrical tape, either..

Will post some more as they come to mind.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 202
Heres a tip, if you are looking to get two subwoofers but, only can afford one so you plan on getting one enclosure on ebay...GET BOTH AT THE SAME TIME OR GET A DUAL ENCLOSURE! I bought one single 12" enclosure like 2 months ago and I just bought another one (thinking that it would be the same since it was from the same guy I bought the 1st one from) that is the same size but, it's a different color and style. Ive learned my lesson, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3914
here is the best tip of all....

if there is something you want, and can't afford it.....BE PATIENT....SAVE UP.

get what you REALLY want instead of what you can afford at that time.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 205
^^^true dat

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2390
hey seth, wut does that thing do??? how does it make it so u dont have to splice wires??? when would u use it?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2391
oo i see. you still have to strip it, but it makes it alot easier because you dont have to strip it. i wish i knew bout' that

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 218
Those are practically the same things as PVC butt connectors. Except there cheaper and 20 come in a pack instead of 7...

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2398
its says a 7-pack

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 219
oh..........

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1029
if there is something you want, and can't afford it.....BE PATIENT....SAVE UP.

get what you REALLY want instead of what you can afford at that time.

I love this quote thats how i was feelin when i got my rims i couldnt afford whut i have n i didnt just want to throw sum 17's on it i love my DUBS LOL

n i plan o living buy that for my new system

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2459
you get what you pay for.

spend the money now, so you won't be changing everything out a few months down the road. you'll save a ton in the long run.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
You dont have to crimp those things btw - they screw in at the ends you put the wire through it, then screw it in, and it holds them SUPER tight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
Upload

with a butt connector, you have to crimp right there..and still most of the time, I'm able to pull the wire out if I pull hard...with the other type I linked to, I can NOT pull the wire free. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3427
Here's a better deal on those: http://cgi.ebay.com/25-POSI-LOCK-NO-CRIMP-WIRE-CONNECTORS-12-18-GUAGE_W0QQitemZ1 80006830311QQihZ008QQcategoryZ52534QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2490
so you basically just plug the wire in?? no need to strip the outer wire off?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
you do, just like 1/4th of an inch tops, though. :-) And it holds soo crazy tight, it's very nice. And no need for electrical tape etc like I mentioned earlier, since the outside casing is all plastic.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2477
a little solder and shrink tube is cheaper, lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
A little solder and shrink tube, is also a pain in the butt! lol.

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 55
I use the little orange wire caps to hold my wires together and they wind up taking up alot of room behind the stereo, would these take up less room?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1308
Yes, a lot less room. They're also in-line, meaning you dont have to have a point in the wire where the first wire goes up, and the wire you're attaching goes back down the same path.. easier to draw it out, so here..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1073
a great accessory is tee nuts and bolts for ur box. i will never make a box again without them!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1312
How does a tee nut work? Never used them.. know a lot about electronics etc, but definitely not a carpenter.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1075
a tee nut is something u put in the inside of a box, and then you screw bolts into it, to hold the sub. instead of using screws.

This way u can take a sub in and out of the box 100 times, without harming the holes for the subs at all.

Tee Nut:
http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture97/kuntai/product1.jpg

u put 8 of them in on the inside, and hammer those spikes in, so it doesnt spin. then you put the bolts in which thread into those...

not too hard do, and works awesome.

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 36
You can find those connects at just about any auto parts store.I've known about them for years now lol.The ones I purchased were called POSI LOCK connectors. Yea... much better than crimping and more secure with better contacts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us