Quick Box question

Username: Gsxjimmy328

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 5
Ok so I'm gonna be running two 10L7's in a ported box, I was planning on running each sub in a seperate chamber but I'm going to be running them both off the same amp. Is that feasible? Or would there have to be a hole cut through in order to wire the subs together.... thus defeated the whole purpose of having its own airspace?

Also do the ports HAVE to be facing the same way as the subs?? It's probably a really stupid question but i'm never gotten a 100% for sure answer. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 373
the ports can be facing any direction.....but it might sound a lil different.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 571
make ur ports face the same way as your subs. it doesnt matter if you have to completely different chambers.

if you plan on using terminals, just run them to the terminals in side the box, then run the wires together outside of the box, before hooking to the amp.

^^^this would be the same as having one big chamber, and hooking them together.

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 6
so in the truck of an SUV if I put the box against the back seats, firing towards the rear of the vehicle and ports firing upward... it would probably sound like sh!t eh? I guess i'll just stick with the norm. and have the ports facing back as well

can anyone answer my first question?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 573
i answered your first question already^^^. there doesnt have to be a hole cut through the middle. you can cut a hole through the middle, and seal around the wires though, so they still are completely seperated subs.

but the other way to do it is to wire the subs to terminals in their own chamber. then wire the subs together on the outside of the box. its the same thing as that^^^^.

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 7
i know sorry, i posted that at the exact same time as you did and didn't read it till afterwards.. Sorry lol

Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 376
why does the port have to be facing the same way as the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 590
it doesnt, look up T-Cab boxes, and i dont make boxes like that, it personal preferance

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1421
http://www.freewebs.com/wahlsboxes/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us