Loud button....??

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 432
I have a newer Sony deck (cdx-5710), there is a sub control on the deck which I don't use, but it also has this button called "LOUD" and when you hit it it instantly turns the bass up real high, I don't use it cause I think it could casue damage. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Username: Marck05

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 9
I have this button on my panasonic deck, and I base all my settings with the loud button on, because I think it has a much better sound when using the "loud" option.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 756
I believe it is for increasing bass output at low volume, but should not be used at higher volume.
I keep mine on all the time. I had the HU for the last 3 years and finally read the owners manual and figured out how to turn mine on just a few weeks ago. I have to hold the EQ button for 5 seconds.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 433
You say it should not ne used at higher volumes but you still keep it on ? or do you keep your volume low all the time ? I have my gains set below half, do you think by keeping it on at all times it will cause damage ? I don't go crazy with the volume but I just like the sound when I do use the button

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 759
If you have quality subs it will be fine, And no my volume is up. With my set up 60/100 is the max I use. Loud with no distortion, gains matched.

Bronze Member
Username: Marck05

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 11
Yep, I go as high as 25-30/40 and my subs are fine. I alwayse have the loud on. The only time it isn't on is when my battery gets unplugged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us