What do i do????

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 299
im running 1200 watts rms and my lights dim bad, my battery light comes on when i am at a stop light playing my system. and my local car shop is trying to sell me a capacitor and a purple haze battery, battery is decent but niether will take the place of a high output alternator, and ive tried to find someone to make or rebuild my alternator but they all say that its really not possible because i have a 1997 saturn sc coupe. right now i have a stock 97 amp alt, and its not getting the job done, when im at idle playing my system my rpm's drop bad to where it almost wants to kill my car. does anyone have any opinins of what i should do, because pretty soon here im gonna add a kicker 400X4 to power the mids and highs and i know for sure it will kill my car, someone said i should get a separate battery for my subs thats not connected through my alt, would this work, any info would be greatly appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Vc23

Post Number: 67
you could just not stop at all that would work, but if that dont work, get a high output alt thats the best way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
ive tried, is there anyone that knows anyone that can fit one or make one that will work with a 97 saturn sc coupe????

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 273
- Excessive Amperage
- Iraggi Alternator
- Ohio Generator

^^^^ They all make good alts. Just google them to find the sites

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8439
ask him

http://www.excessiveamperage.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
excessive didnt answer there phone, i left a message, but hey rovin do you think a separate battery would worl so i dont strain my alt

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 275
That would strain it even more...

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
no, not hook up the battery to the alt, like a separate battery not hooked up through the car

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 277
Well I don't know how that would be possible, but if it can be sufficiently charged while being used, then yes it would work...

Bronze Member
Username: Emdawg12345

Post Number: 69
this should help http://www.rotteneggs.com/?refid=182315
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us