Need help now plz

Username: Dualshotty

Post Number: 4
im goin to tell every one now im a noob ive never owned subs or an amp all i know is i want a mediocre system for 200 to 300 dollars (i know so im f in poor oh well ) i need reccomendations for a 12 inch sub and an amp and box plz and thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 982
sub $90 plus shipping

http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin12specs.html

amp $138 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-X400-1-400W-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQi temZ140005433134QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 545
2 great, and popular recommendations^^^^ especially if your on a budget.

do that, and then figure out if you want to go sealed or ported on your box, and then build one.

Post Number: 8
so is it worth the 50 bucks for a box or shud i jus build one and what are benefits of ported and sealed and wut do u guys recomend thanks for all ur help

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 983
if you know how, build it yourself. ported will get louder with a little less sq, sealed will have better sq, less spl. and it just depends on what you like, so if you can test them both out and stick with what you like.

Post Number: 9
ok i feel retarde but what is sq and spl im a total noob sry for wasting ur knowledge and i can take the time to build a nicely fitted box that is ported correctly i jus want some more bass not anything that blows ear drums

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 984
sq-sound quality

spl-sound pressure level

Post Number: 10
ok so would u go with an mtx 5500 or a alpine type e and wut amp would u use with each

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1387
^^^^ sq-sound quality, how well it sounds

spl-sound pressure level, how loud it gets

sql-mixture of both in between

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
if i was to get a bazooka amp with rms 240 would u run a mtx 5500 or a alpine type e with it

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 985
??
why you ask for suggestions, sounds like you have your mind made up already. but, i would take the aa assassin over both the mtx and the type e, and the pg amp is better than the bazooka.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ok i think ill get the assassin its cheaper and u say it is good and the amp is 138 but where is it i cudnt find it and does the box make that big of a diff some ppl have said no and some have said it is the most important aspect of the system

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 986
an assasin is alot better the a type e, the only alpine sub worth buying is the r. and yeah the box makes a huge difference. and just click the link for the amp, or search pg on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so if ive never made a box am i bein stupid by trying to make one that will support a decent sound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us