This should be interesting

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 523
ok, im gonna order a pair of sony explodes off of ebay and put em in a box im gonna design just to prove that ANYthing can get loud(that and im broke), what kind of amp should i run, i was thinking the sony 200 x 2, i want as cheap as possible

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2173
lol. i guess, but dont think it will give 200 to each sub

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 524
any suggestions that would give them full, or close to full rms?

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 525
for about 150

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8422
"""ANYthing can get loud"""

sounding loud & sounding GOOOD r 2 different things

but y dont u look into some pioneer 306 @ least - $50/60 400wrms & thye give u a damn good bang 4 $ , there r also those assassins subs that r damn cheap too but will still sound good .........

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 526
got 2 12s for 59 bucks, there on there way, whats the rms on the sonys anyway, and WHAT AMP should i get

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 527
plus i wanted to use sony cuz no one thinks they can get loud and im gonna prove it, im gonna tune em at like 60hz

Username: Mtx4life

Cincinnati, OH U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I am trying to hook my power acoustik amp and alpine head unit up to a power supply in my basement, i hooked up the head unit and it works but i can't get the amp to work. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 53
I built a box 2 years ago for a friend w/2 sony explode 10s.the really cheap black ones.he has an explode amp 65x2 i think.its not bridged,i put the subs in a bandpass box that i built just for his subs and it rocks.its pretty loud probly low 130s and it sounds pretty good with all types of music.I was surprised it was that loud myself.tried talking him out of the bandpass but thats what he wanted.i dont know what its tuned to but the box is 2.2cuftsealed side and 2.2 on the ported side.both subs share the air.it has (4) ,3inch ports 11 inches long on the front side or cone side of the subs.good luck troy.

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 152
use a audiobahn a8000t

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 153
give them 400wrms each, that should pound. Just make sure u set the gain proper.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1219
what a waste jeje. Get one of those pioneer rovin stated, those can bang a lot jeje.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 530
nooo, i want to do sony because everybody thinks they suck, how abou ta memphis 200 x 2, i dont wanna blow em and i can get that pretty cheap, or maybe a 300 x 2 and ill turn it down so it doesnt clip

Gold Member

Post Number: 1231
try getting a profile, so you don't waste a lot of money.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2233
sony sucks. and there are plenty of ways to prove it. they will blow if you overpower them with 1 watt, lol

any sub will get loud if you tune ur box to 60 hz

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2234
thats why they call them x-plodes, the bass hurts my ears too. ouch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1243
jajaja, that's very ironic, Sony X-plode (might blow, 1 watt handling) jajaja

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2243
lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 261
^^bump ^^Bump ^Bang ^Boom ^XPLODE ..... have fun..... they look so ugly

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2255
yes they do

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 531
r u guys 2 years old? i just said im going to use sony cuz everybody (you) think they suck, friend has a pair of twelves in a prefab box and its very good, so if i make a box JUST for loud, they will be very loud, and i just WANTED AN AMP to power them. its rated power cuz ur not sposed to overpower em, yeah some brands you can some you cant, im not going to, and if you care about how they look you are obviously g@y, now can i have some amp suggestions

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
yeah we know john's g@y LOL!, we're just joking about your experiment, i told you, try getting a profile, they're good and cheap, that's what you need for your subs "experiment" jajajaja, don't get mad, this is good comedy

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 746
Troy, I got an old Optimus that will put 130wrms at 4 ohms into them...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 266
hahaha julio...just cuz u blew me that one time.......hahaha nvm that j\p..... i dont really care about the looks of my subs but im just saying those r seiously ugly subs.... i was just saying have fun you can easily find an amp for those just about anything out there will work you dont need much power..... but i really think it would help if u told us how u want to wire them........ whats the Ohm ratings... sub specs would really help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1264
jajaja lol!

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 58
TROY,get the 1000m profile from crutchfield please.500watts at 2 ohms wich is what your gonna need with 2 single voice coil 4ohm subs.it has a remote bass nob and a (3)year warranty.thats longer than 95percent of those high end companys out there.plus you WILL be BUMPIN HARD.i had a 600m and upgraded to a kicker 600.1 and its not much louder but was alot more money.good luck,

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8456
since ur out 2 prove a point - u might as well match ur subs with some "nice" sony amps too ...

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 602
yeah, i already ordered the sony 200 x 2 @ 4, ill tell you how it goes, im doing 2.7 cf at 45hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1328
jajajaj, what a WASTE TROY, WHAT A WASTE. Good luck.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 603
not really a waste, i bought it 168$ and i could prolly sell it locally for 200 or so

Gold Member

Post Number: 1330
jaja, 12$ nice deal! :p

Since everyone is posting here i have a question, which one would you go, pioneer deh 5800mp or p580mp (premier). I can get both for the same price but i didn't see any difference between them. They both have 2.2V

Any opinions????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
some1 ASAP, i'm ordering today lol!

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 606
hey juliob, your bout 20 bucks off good job on that math, have you ever designed a box for someone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
damn, i saw 188, guess i need to sleep jajaja. No i've never designed a box. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to that cuz i've never tried. In August i'll do one

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 610
hehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us