Thanx Rovin I Think I Finally Did It!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1352
wat up i did wut u said and tried pvc port just to keep changing tha tuning to see what is best for my cvrz cuz itz easier than slot port changing and i think i finally found the magic numberz for my cvrz IMO. It gives loud low clean bass just as i like it so IMO i think itz da best SQL tuning mixture for cvrs. IMO Tha magic number for my cvrz is 32.75hz. :-) Thanx bro.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 522
changin back up again haha.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1353
LOL ya IMO i think there is quite a difference between 32hz - 32.5hz - 32.75hz, wat up havnt talked to u in a while bioch,lol jk. Wachu been up to??

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 1987
i could of told you that, my one friend has a 12inch cvr 2cf 32hz port tune running off a kx400.1 and that thing sounds damn good and gets pretty loud.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1354
I tried 32hz but IMO for my taste 32.75 is alot better. :-) I have 4cuft enclosure tuned to 32.75 for both subs. So 2cuft for each.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 327
would 32.75 only sound good with a reg. port or a slot one too?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 523
lol 32.75. seems like it wouldnt be much of a difference from 32. and how do u keep changing the tuning of your box like that.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1357
What i did was built another enclosure and got a HUGE piece of 4" pvc and then went to a calculator online and saw how long i had to cuz each piece for what ever tuning, so i cut em all at once then tried 1 at a time i did like 31hz-34hz and i liked it between 32.25hz-33hz but i think i liked 32.75 best so went with it, then i retuned my big enclosure with slot port for both cvrs to what i liked best and heard it a while ago and it soundz hella good. :-)

.D. i dont think it would matter which type to use but if u go wit pvc its easier, id recommend goin with 4" cuz of port noise i didnt have to sandpaper the ends and i didnt get no port noise, but like Rovin said the bigger tha diameter the longer it must be but for 31hz i only had to go like 12.5 inches long so it wasnt that bad.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8402
GREAT - Happy 4 ya !!!

glad that u got the result u wanted too - this is the exact reason y a installer friend of mine does majority of his ports with PVC cause with a picky customer or depending on the vehicle too when u do a permanent slot port box ur stuck with it .

I'm surprised though that ur ear could find a difference with 3/4hz - u got the hearing of a cat/dog ! ...lol

Here is another tip 4 ppl reading this & also want 2 try out what TJ did
cut a hole in ur box about 1/8" wider than the pipe diameter u intend 2 use , cut a square piece of wood about 1" wider than ur pipe so if its 3" pipe then cut the square wood 5" x 5" & mark the middle & cut out the 3" hole & silicone the 3" pipe .

So now this ^ comes like a port with a frame u can bolt on

Now drill 4 holes 1/corner on this ^ & use T nuts/bolts & secure it onto ur box - so now u wont have 2 stick/unstick pipes onto ur box' surface , u can make a few of these of different lenghts/tuning & u just easily swap them out until u find a tuning u like ...

Bronze Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 47
For a PVC port Does it matter how much of the tube is oustide of inside of the box if the length of the tube is what u want? If u put the tube all the way in will it work too?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8403
what matters is the pipe INSIDE of the box - u do not want any pipe on the outside cause that will affect the tuning & way it sounds....

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 50
are PVC ported boxes easier to make the slot port boxes? cause ive neva built a box and im gunna want a ported box.

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 51
And how do u attach the pvc pipe to the wood box?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8406
advantages :
its ALOT less work & uses far less space too

its as simple as making a sealed box except u cut a hole 4 the pipe 2 fit in

use this
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8407
advantages :
its ALOT less work & uses far less space too

its as simple as making a sealed box except u cut a hole 4 the pipe 2 fit in

use this
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

u can use silicon 2 attach the pipe 2 the wood

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 53
how would u use more than one port. how would u figure it out to make the frequency u want? Cause iv e seen some boxes with like 4 tubes.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8408
other calculator which i have also used

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

extra pipe ports leads 2 alot more SPL & loss of some SQ in my experience ...

this other site is 4 building slot ports
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 54
But how would u figure it out? would u have to have shorter tubes? or what would i have to do?

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 328
whats better slot or round or does it matter?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1358
^^^^^^^^^^^^
".D. i dont think it would matter which type to use but if u go wit pvc its easier, id recommend goin with 4" cuz of port noise i didnt have to sandpaper the ends and i didnt get no port noise, but like Rovin said the bigger tha diameter the longer it must be but for 31hz i only had to go like 12.5 inches long so it wasnt that bad."

lol hearin like a cat or dog, i think that even if u are 1/4 off tuning there is a difference like say 32hz you can more feel than u hear but at 32.25 you can hear a tiny bit more that u feel and so on. And u just need that perfect SQL mixture where u know it ur like wow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us