What amp alternator?

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1110
I know someone that rebuilds alternators. I have an 80 amp alternator right now running a crossfire 600D and a Kicker 250.2. I don't want to have a huge alternator but what amps do you think should do it? My lights dim a decent amount with a 1.2 farad cap but I would like to eliminate most of that dimming and keep my volts above 14 so that my Crossfire can unleash its full potential.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 967
i would get the biggest alt. possible that way you have room to play with if you plan on upgrading your system later on, but with that size system you should be good with a 90-110 amp alt. also, why you have a cap.?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 627
how are you a gold member and asking this kind of question?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1111
even with a higher output alternator I like the cap in the system. Keeps the voltage stabile while the alternators regulator is reacting. Also, I work at an audio place so I got it dirt cheap. Also, will like a 120 or 125 amp alternator work really good for that system?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1113
Because I have never dealt with alternators before.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 968
probably so, but i meant why you running a cap. without a ho alt.?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1114
Because it helps keep the voltage somewhat stable. Plus quick drum beats sounds much better with a cap. And I like the voltage readout. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1200
you will be pulling around 90-100amps at full power. you car needs around 40-70 amps depending on the car for lights, air conditioning, ect. i would say 150amp is the smallest you can go but a 200amp would be perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us