Just want to hear someone say it

Bronze Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 50
I already know that it will but i want to hear it from someone else. The Alpine type-r 12 is gonna bang way harder than a rockford p2 right. I ask because i had a p2 and i thought that hit pretty good. Now i want something much better, louder, stronger!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7960
depends on install

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4243
lol chauncey. i don't think thats the answer he is looking for.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7961
But its the truth.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
haha its not its gonna be powered by an alpine mrd 605 and im gettin a custom ported box for it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8387
it should

but if u def want 2 hear/feel a major difference y not make a jump from 200wrms to say a quality 1000wrms sub ...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4244
i personally never heard a p2 so i couldn't really tell you. but from what people say about the p2, you are in good shape.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
isnt the type-r's rated at 500 rms

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1169
go with the R

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7962
for spl....it is gonna be real close....for sql...the type r will hold its own....

But like rovin said...u should spend more money and get something better then both

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
well its to late for all that so i guess ill be listenin to something that sounds new the same as what i used to have.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 195
Tigger, how about something like an arsenal. they are not much more expensive than the type r's. Chauncey and Rovin both reccomend stepping up with more money to get what you are looking for. I also live in Pensacola. I would be more than happy to show you what arsenals are all about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
yea i want to hear them but the thing is i already ordered my sub and and it comes in tomarow.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
so basically i could have gottin a better sub for around the same price. I paid $145 for the type-R.

Bronze Member
Username: Benzino

Michigan US

Post Number: 31
Dude those P2 suck balls i hear them all the time and one type r power good is louder than two of those easy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i c well i had one p2 and it was louder than this other dude that i know that has 2 of them so i thought mine was special haha. But i wuz probably because of the enclosure. Well that is pretty much what i wanted to hear but ill find out for sure on saturday when i get everything in.

Silver Member
Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 140
yea the r is rated at lik e 500 or 600 but it can easily take around 1000 rms if it is clean

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Yea i guess thats good i just what something that will bang pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2063
lol, the type r cannot take 1000 watts continous. i played with one at best buy and the cone was getting ht with only 500 wattts. tobe perfectly honest, putting comany names a side i say they are about equal. im not the biggest fan of either. i think they both get just as loud but the r sounds a lil better then the p2, but that also depends on your box as well. id go with a re audio se or a compVR. you can pick them up for less as well. but thats my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us