Type R power ratings?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 11
ok 12" type Rs are rated at 500 rms right? so i went into the local stereo shop today and told the guy i had a 2000 watt amp that pushes 460 rms to each sub at 2 ohms and he just started laughing. he said that wouldnt be enough to power the type Rs and i know its a lil underpowered but not by much. i then told him that i could bridge the imputs to one and run 960 watts rms to a single type R and he said that would work fine........... wouldnt that blow the hell out of it? just wondering what would be better. two type Rs at 460 rms in a sealed box or one at 960 rms in i guess a ported box. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 71
im thinkin about how you are...460 to each sub that is recoomended 500 isnt bad...i'd say power the 2 with 460 a piece ..or at least thats waht i'd do.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1157
960w will harm a type R. Play safe with 460w, you won't notice the difference

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 610
i had a orion 2500d powin 2 of them @ 1ohm sounds go0d but get hot so iam goni 2 run then wit about 600 a pieace 1200w@ 4ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok yea thats what i thought i think the guy was jsut out of his mind. he said go with 1 12 and i was like ok then waht about a type x they recommend 1000 watts rms and i have 960 and he was like no wont push it i was just like ok whatever and walked out haha. ill prob just go with the two type Rs. i just gotta sell these freaking audiobahns first. im about to the point where im just gonna give them away. im sellin them for 250 in a ported box and still not gettin any hits.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8386
what model is ur "2000watts" amp ?

S.P.D - that is exactly how u should have run ur Rs in the 1st place . I hooked my Rs & orion 2500d same way & they hit hard & handle it well .....

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 612
yup they pound but is it alright 2 run it @ 2500w @ 1ohm or should i do the 1200W @ 4ohms i made my boi sit in there an when git bac kicked on by ludcris he jumped lol he wasnt expeting it 2 b that loud

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8390
i doubt very much Rs can handle 4/5 times rated power like treo/dd does - i wouldnt chance it lasting long

IMO - connect it @ 4ohms or get 2 more powerful like 1000wrms subs ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hey you want some 1000 watt rms subs i got some nice audiobahns.........trade for the Rs........... haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us