Treo vs. Kicker

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 490
I have 2 12 cvrs. i want to go for a lot more sq, but have the same amount or more spl. looking for a little more space too. how would the treo ssi compare to the cvrs in spl?

should i get rid of my cvrs, and get one treo ssi. or does anyone have any other ideas? im kinda leanin towards TREO, and i want to get 1 12.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1279
well if u want killer sq i would go with the xxx...but u no me treo all the way..wen u hear the ssi u will WILL want to get rid of ur cvrs....also the ssi handle 750 so buy another one of those a8000t and and hooke up each treo ssi to one and thoses ssi's will be louder and sound better doin it!
but its all bout the cash flow and wut u can afford

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 493
lol yea the problem is that those setups would both be running at around 1600 rms. i was thinking just 1 12 ssi, with the amp i have no, cause i wasnt gunna buy a new alt and batt.

how would one treo compare, if i were to do that?

or any other ideas? im looking to change in my 2 cvrs for 1 12.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4224
depending on how much power and the type of box, the single ssi can get louder than 2 cvrs.

if you are gonna go with a single ssi then i would recomend a 15.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1281
if u want u could do wut chad did but buy maybe 1 thousand watt amp....1000 watts shouldnt require an alt upgrade and do go with the 15" woofer..also make the box tuned around 30hz.....but u will luve how beautiful the ssi sounds compared to the cvr's......

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 494
drivin, if you arent busy, sign on to aim.

if the 12 treo ssi would be as loud as the 2 cvrs, then i would just get that, because i am kind of on a budget. and a 15 wont fit too good in my car.

would my a8000t work good with it, since the amp does a true 800rms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
i cant sign in on aim..im at work but i get off wwork at five then i get home around six.....
i shouldnt even be on here lol...but my boss still hasnt found out :-O

i saw ur pervious setup with the cvr's one 15 can fit in ur car trust me....on ebay thiers a nice 15" and thiers two 12" treo ssi's on ebay for 450 shipped with a cool grill....
go to ebay and type in treo ssi...thiers a bunch of good deals

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 496
ya i was doing that before. would a 15 ssi be worht the extra money over the 12 ssi?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 497
oh and will my a8000t run the 15, im on a budget?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
well if the sub ur buying is gunna be dual 4 it will be but if not then it wont work..i would go for the 15" it will be able to push more air and ull notice a difference between the two....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4225
if you are going to use that amp then it won't get louder than the 2 cvrs. you need to give it more power if you want it to get louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us