Tube port versus slotted port

Username: Trunkslayer

Fl US

Post Number: 3
what are the pros and cons of having a slot port box and a tube port box? And can anybody help me find a way to design my own box with tuned to the lowest frequency.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 508
well, the lowest frequency isnt what you want, but, tube ports are really only better because they take up less room, ive never really noticed a differance

Username: Trunkslayer

Fl US

Post Number: 4
what would be wrong with the lowest frequency possible the sub can play

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1010
well the way u said it makes it seem like u would tune it to 5hz or something.....

i have heard this tune 10hz below the fs of ur subs..... not sure if thats right i cant remeber much LOL.....

but i would like to know more peoples opions of ur question

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1332
the slot ported are pretty much the same as the round ported, but round ported because they have a flared end they tent to have less port distortion than slot ported

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 862
^^^you dont have to worry about "port distortion"

a box tuned to 26-28hz is about the lowest you would want to go.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1334
yeah u have to worry about it, plus the port velocity is one of the most important, if u get 25% and lower is good for sq 5% and lower is ideal for spl competitions.

the port velocity gets lower everytime u make your box bigger, the bigger the box and port the less port velocity,

if your going around 35hzto 32hz the port distortion is important, u want no port distortion ull need to put some bondo and make the beginin fo the port smoth for the turbulence,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us