Help me decide - most LCD's seem boring to me...

Username: Quattro1

Post Number: 1
I finally made it down to Circuit City and Best Buy today to play around with display models. IMHO most of them seemed "boring". The only ones I really like were the Jensens. The main thing is that most of the pioneer/panasonic/alpines I looked at seemed "boring" compared to the JVC. The JVC has more colors and graphics, and I found the user interface better than any of the other systems.

My only concern is with the quality of the Jensen units. I've heard mixed reviews.

I would love to check out the JVC KW-AVX706 I cannot find a screen shot of this unit anywhere on the web.

I thought these units would have things like multi-color graphic equalizers, things like that but they all seemed so boring. Can anyone shed any light on this? Was I missing something? Most of them had boring blue screens and silver/grey buttins no colors to mix it up a little.

opinions please!

thanks,

Username: Quattro1

Post Number: 2
Sorry I meant to say "the main thing is that most of the pioneer/panasonic/alpines I looked at seemed "boring" compared to the Jensen. The Jensen has more colors and graphics, and I personally found the user interface better than any of the other systems."

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 114
You get what you pay for...

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 226
Here is a link to the JVC KW-AVX706 you said you were looking for.

Mick is right though, you get what you pay for. Brands like JVC and Jensen use the flash to draw you in and then leave you flat when it comes to quality and longevity of the product. Have you looked at any Kenwood units? I've always thought their screens were the best looking out there. And you're just looking for a double din screen right, not a fold out?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 152
I like that 7 band EQ... I wonder how effective it actually is, though..

I give that unit 90 days before it needs repairs, same with the Jensen.

One other thing you really need to watch for is cheaper brands that have flip out monitors or motorized slide down faces, they seem to have alot of problems with the mechanical drive assembly that pushes them in and out going bad.

They like to save money on the over-all build cost by installing cheap parts in place of quality parts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us