Infinity Reference subs good bad?

Username: Viperguy

Post Number: 5
Do they get very loud in a sealed box with about 400 watts each? For about $50 a peice for 12's they cant be too bad. I have a ported 12L7 now but want to go back to sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1301
they dont get loud bro they sound nice but not that good or that loud but yeah is a solid buy but dont expect loudness like sh!t tehy will sound ok not bad but ok not too loud not too low and soundin nice

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4824
I would say from what ive heard out of them they probably wont be as loud as a L712 in a sealed box but they will probably have at least equal sound quality to the l712.....If it was me Id buy a single infinity perfect 12 over two 12 refrences because they sound SOOOO much better and ....I take sound quality over spl as a priority always in a daily user install

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1389
the older infinity reference subs ( the ones that look like the kappas) have pretty good SQ and can get loud if they are insralled right. I've done it

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Infinity/reference10.1.wmv

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Infinity/reference10.2.wmv

just a pair of 10's and 400 watts

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 526
yea the 1230 (the ones whal's speakin of) refrences are good subs... better than the 1242's
1230s hit good and sound good but the 1242's are a little under par compared to those....

at 400RMS Each they both will hit hard

imo

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
BuMP!

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
i said bump you biotch!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
b@st@rd!!!!!!!!!! why wont you bump

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 198
I've got two of the reference 1230 subs in a sealed box in my nissan extended cab powered by a RF P3001 (about 200 watts per sub) and it sounds good especially for the price you can get them for. You can get louder and better sq if you pay more but I'm extremely happy. I only paid 45 shipped for each sub, and about 100 shipped for the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us