To Bridge or Not To Bridge

Username: Gabrielmk

Austin, TX United States

Post Number: 3
I'm curious how much bridging an Amp on the fronts decreases the clarity of my system. I was considering a 6 channel Zapco (DCReference 650.6 - I think...doing that from memory). I wanted to bridge front 4 channels to 2 channels and use them on dynaudio 5.25" components, then bridge the rear two channels to mono for use with sub. The store salesperson told me that that would increase distortion.

Is this true?

Can a non-profesional listern hear it?

Would you bridge in this fashion to save a few bucks or shell out for a more powerful amp that can hit the power I need w/o bridging?

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 20
i dont know for sure, but i dont see why that would make the speakers distort, since its still the same source. i think mr. saleperson was just trying to ease you into buying multiple amps if you want my personal opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1051
i agree

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3281
Yep, the salesman was being an idiot. The only reason distortion would increase is if the speakers couldn't handle the higher power with it being bridged. The salesman probably gets a commission off that and therefore was trying to pressure you into buying the bigger amp. I wouldn't even listen to their advice if that's all they care about-themselves.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1952
i always like buyin a seperate amp for components tho

and seperate for subs

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1053
mono amp for subs and 2 or 4 channel for components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us