What can I do??? (read)

Bronze Member
Username: Bjamila123

Sc

Post Number: 35
Ok , so I just bought two 12' type E's and put them in a sealed box in the huge trunk of my 04 intrepid. They sound awesome inside the car but when I step outside and listen to it, all I hear is my trunk rattling... what can I do to make it sound like clean bass from the outside w/o so much of the rattling??? Please Help ME

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2106
you can get sound deadner and put it everywhere in your tunk o make it stop

Bronze Member

Sc

Post Number: 36
would stuff like dynomat actually make the vibration alot less?? would it be louder if my subs faced up instead of towards my back bumper??

Bronze Member
Username: Benzino

Michigan US

Post Number: 21
dynomat is good Sh1t...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2043
putting a sounddeadener will help alot. it wont get rid of all the rattles especially if you have a large system but it will cut down on the vibrations. turning your box can sometimes cut down the rattling as well, so thats something to think about, but it might alter how loud your system is.also tighten all the the nuts and bolts on your car and that will help alot.usually right around your back bumper. your doors may add more to the rattling alot of rattles come from the rear deck and trunk lid.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8351
quickest fix is face ur box 4ward as a temp measure until u sound deaden ur car ...

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 216
what i do... i have a chevy lumina 91... i pop my trunk k then the latch... if u push it up (either toward the left or the right) it like locks, u lock it with ur lid open stick a bungie cord threw the lil hole then run the other part threw the latch that the thing hooks onto and locks and closes... then hook that onto somethign... i do this on days when im jsut driving around goin wehre ever... it staps my trunk rattling MAJOR and the trunk almost acts as a port and the bass is just wayyyy loduer with my trunk open and u can hear it far away, also keeps my amp from overheating, keeps it ventalating... the only con about this is... ppl thinkin ur retarted, lol and obviously theft, if u go in somewhere n forget to shut the trunk... but all n all i like it

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2051
lmao!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6031
thats one of the most retarted things I have ever heard ^^

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 218
lol like i said ppl think ur crazy but it works for me and gets rid of 80-90% of rattling.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6040
lol whatever works I guess man.

Bronze Member

Sc

Post Number: 41
thx

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1351
lol that wouldnt work for me cuz even wit da trunk wide open it still rattlez like hell. I need to get edead.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2062
lmao! thats funny shi.t james. i use dynamat extreme and it worked really well for me. took away about90% of my rattles. haha and i only paid like 32 bucks for a door kit. lol i had about 120 square feet though.i hear that stinger stuff works well, i heard that edead had a problem of falling off though, but i think if you heat it up properly and make sure you have a clean surface it should stick good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us