Need some info on 4ch hookup

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 13
Ok, soon I will be hooking up my 4ch to power rear and front stage. My question is, when wiring the amp do i hook up the speaker wires directly to the speakers or wire the amp wires and factory speaker wires together?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 212
run your speakers to your head unit and from the head unit to the amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
so basically all i need to do is hook up some RCA's then? I got the whole sub thing down. Just don't wanna blow headunit if i hook it up wrong. If i get what your saying all i need is another pair of rca's. yes, i knew i was going to need a nother pair, but how will power get to the speakers without connecting them from the amp like u would with a sub?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 401
rick is wrong

you have to connect your speakers to your amp with speaker wire(not factory)you wont use your factory wire off your HU anymore. you will need to connect rcas from your HU to your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 383
if u have an aftermarket hu .. u can run the speaker wire off of that .. just tap into each respective wire on the harness .. strip... and soldier ... and ull be fine that way too

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2491
easiest and quickest, run amp speaker leads to behind the radio and tie into the factory harness by using the aftermarket harness of tapping directly into the factory harness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok thankyou for the responses, this really helps alot :-) Sorry rick, but it didn't sound right to me what you said easiest thing to me (nothing wrong with the other suggestions mind you) is to do what mat says and just hook up the rca's and run the speaker wire from the amp to the speakers without the factory wire attached. I currently have a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP but will be upgrading to a Pioneer DEH-P860MP Premier

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 386
thats really not the easiest .. when u havta do to the front doors .... ur gonna love running the wire through the grommet holes ... lemme tell you... lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2493
Ice that is not simple, you have to go to all the doors, instead go behind the radio, all the wires are there to tie into, just run 1 bundle of wires from amp(4 speaker leads) to behind the radio and tie in there, saves you alot of time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok so let me get this right, I can wire up the amp for the speakers, and INSTEAD of going to each speaker I can run the speaker wires FROM the amp to the head unit and connect the wires to the wires going to the speakers. I would just see for myself but car is still in the shop, oh and I got the P860 :-) should be a nice upgrade from my ole P6700 thanks for taking the time out to help everyone

Gold Member

Post Number: 2515
thats how the shop is going to run it, they are not going to waste time to evvery speaker unless they have to bypass a factory amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us