Pioneer avic-n2 helph

Username: Pimpdaltima

Post Number: 1
so i just got the n2 put in my altima 3.5l se-r and i cant unlock the dvd part anyone know what i need to do to unlock it... also anyone know how i can bypass the parking brake so i can use it on the road?

Username: Fox_trot

Leesburg, Va

Post Number: 1
I just got the AVIC-N3, but how do you bypass the system so you can watch dvd, while driving?

i have tried searching everywhere, but i can't find it.

p.s. braden list, i found how to do it for the n2

This bypass will do three things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving
3. No more parking brake warning box!!!

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us