Focal utopia 165, i need a smart person for this one

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 155
a car audio genious is selling his once component now coax focal utopias. he took the middle piece out of the woofer shaved it down and inserted the tweeter in the middle piece and has the wire running through the middle. he bought a new set of middle pieces and is undoing his coax setup and gluing new midle pieces in the woofer and taking the tweeter out before he sells them.

hope this makes sence, this guy is a genious and i trust him. hes getting some mille components and im wondering if i should buy his frankestien utopias for 550 CAD

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 58
550 dollars??? idk how good focal utopias are but i know u can get something real nice for 550 dollars...

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 157
If my conversion is at least close, that's not an aweful price, 550 Canadian, but I'd have a hard time feeling good about putting any audio equipment in that had been cobbled together, regardless of how much I trusted the installer and that price might still be a little much for a used set of focals.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 159
It would also be good to know what you're running now and if it would be worth the upgrade. You'll want to make sure you've got a decent amp to power those since it would be a waste to try and run them off deck power, so that might be another expenditure to think about. The whole comp to coax conversion is still sketchy though.

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 157
im not a total dumbass, ill have a 300/2 for the utopias... my deck wont even have mosfet. yeah ill see what theyre like when he puts em together

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 166
meant no disrespect Justin, I'm sure you've seen some of the bonehead stuff people do, just making sure you knew what you were getting into that's all, glad you're all over it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us