Wiring to terminal cup

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 100
whats the best way to wire the speaker wire to the terminal cup inside the box. just wrap the wires around the terminal. mine keeps coming unloose. is their any attachment to put on the end to attach to the terminal or what about soldering it to the terminal?

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1246
Hmm... You should be able to take a long piece of speaker wire, and put it through the hole, then wrap it around/twist several times and it should be ok.

Other alternatives, are little pieces similar to those that you use to attach wire to the back of say, a 6.5" speaker. (You can also find these at most automotive shops, in their wire/connection department, or where they have other accessories used to splice wires.)

Another idea, is to wrap the wire around it, and use a strong alligator clip to hold the wire in place. But I wouldnt recommend this, over the other options available.

Yet another - is using liquid electrical tape, to wrap the wire around, then kind of tape it in place.

You could also try having enough exposed wire, to literally run it through the little hole, and actually tying a small knot with the wire so it cannot slide free.

All else fails, you could simply look for a spring loaded terminal cup, that has the spring type terminals on both the inside, and out.

Silver Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 101
word thanks alot i just was trying to make them wires stay better.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Marshalltown, Iowa

Post Number: 194
Or....what about soldering them to the terminal?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4217
i hate those terminal cups. when i build boxes i drill a little hole for the cable and run it straight to the amp. i would use silicon to seal the hole of course.

but seth has some good ideas if you already have a termainal cup. soldering the wire is good too. just make sure you insulate it well after.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1255
Thing I dont like about the whole running wire straight through the box, and sealing with silicone thing, is it's semi easy to pull free, and break the seal.. (But this is what I do, as well.) Just make sure your wires are run well and in no danger of being pulled by anything (which you should do anyways) and you'll be fine. That, or secure the wire inside the box somehow, like a couple of staples so it cant be pulled. (MAKE SURE YOU DONT STAPLE THROUGH THE WIRE IF YOU DO THIS) but that goes without saying, lol.

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 561
use marshall idea...i think it was his i used it for my box and it works great...
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 562
use marshalls idea...i think it was his, i used it for my box and it works great...
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2110
i never thought about just running the wires through thats what im gonna do on my next box it would be so much easier

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2545
try the female connectors......

Username: Gus_gawn

Post Number: 1
can someone give me the wiring colour code for installing a new head unit in a 1988 mitsubishi mirage please

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4248
seth.........i never thought about that. thanks for the idea. after reading what you wrote, i used a cable staple and fasten the cable down from the outside. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us