Soundstream amps????????

Bronze Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 30
Are they any good and by that I mean do they push what they say?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 997
they put what they say, but now they're kinda questionable. IDK, but the last thing i heard they were ok and their new stuff is kinda bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 31
its an older model like a 2003 EGA2440..... only 140 at millionbuy.com.....what ya all think?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1004
go to www.ampguts.realmofexcursion.com and check if they have the specs on that model

Username: Toecutter

Post Number: 1
I have to completely agree with juliob on this one. I've used Soundstream amps almost religously over the past 10 years (Anyone remember the MC240? ;-) and they are no longer the bulletproof amps they once were.

I used the MC240's mono output to run a DVC Soundstream sub at 2 ohms for years. Since "upgrading" over the past few years, using several different Rubicon models, I've suffered several failures attributed to various reasons (the first failure occured in the very same Prelude that hosted the MC240 for a few years). I *always" use sealed enclosures, despite the volume requirements. Curiously, I've never lost a Soundstream sub due to amp failure.

I bear no ill will towards Soundstream, it's just unfortunate to see a companys products diminish in quality. I really had developed a level of comfort with Soundstream, but I suspect the buyout that occured a few years back led to the problems their having currently.

My most trusted dealer (who sold me the MC240 in 1997!) stopped carrying Soundstream a few years ago due to some very unhappy, repeat customers.

Sidenote: I used the first Sony XES system with digital pre-amp to drive Soundstream amps, subs and components. The system had some of the best SQ I've ever been able to achieve in any car audio system. Funny how both Soundstream and Sony are only marginal car audio players now :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us