Speakers or Tweeters

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 477
In my Civic i have Infinity Reference 6002I in the rear and i have stock up front now i have it slightly faded to the back but wen i hit 40/40 on volume it starts to sound bad... now would u reccomend 2 tweeters at the back to help sound better or 2 better speakers upfront to run off the 50X4 Watt Panasnoic HU?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2484
radios will put out distorted power(when turned past a certain point, use a aftermarket amp to the mids and highs. By the way, just because the radio has 40 on volume, does not mean it is meant to be used.....

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 481
No its even off CD.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 150
Ty was using "radios" and "radio" in the general sense, as in head units. Your panasonic HU doesn't actually put out 50W x 4 (as you probably know that's a MAX rating) it's RMS ratting is probably closer to 18W, if that. What Ty was saying is that a HU may have the option to be turned up to 40 but, much like the MAX rating on its output power, it deoesn't really mean anything and certainly won't produce decent sound at that level, not without external amps and such.

My reccomendation would definately be new front speakers and if you're interested in clarity then look into a set of components. Also, if you're getting even close to the max volume of your head unit at any point, then you'll definately want to pick up an amp for at least the front set or they won't be working for very long. The front soundstage is far more important in my opinion and you'll notice a difference right away by upgradding the front speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1016
if you want louder music put an amp and better power handling speakers in your car. A factory HU typically distorts past 75% volume, well either the HU gives out a crappy signal or the speakers show their weakness's. If upgrading the front speakers you'll notice some difference if using HU power but adding an amp and aftermarket speakers and its night and day.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 492
so i would have to run another power wire to the amp from battery or could i attach a wire to the end of the power wire coming from the battery and stick it to the other amp? I dont know if i want to run a 2amp system really gets hectic like that alot of my friends systems sound good i guess decent they have 4 tweeters all around it sounds really LOUD and hurts the ears kinda to a point but ill look into it is Boss a good idea?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us