What do i need to do?

Username: Plyrdlf42

Post Number: 2
i have a 91 ford explorer and i dont know the best way to get the power i need for my 2000 watt 620 watt amp. 1 15" eclipse and 4 6x8 pioneers. Do i need a fared cap or do i need to upgrade my alt. and power wires? i dont know which i just dont want to mess anything up.

Bronze Member
Username: Bionickusb

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 21
go with a 2 farad cap.. that will straighten up your bass. what amps are these? what ohms you running at?

Post Number: 3
2 channel 2000 watt legacy ice to one 15" eclipse dvc 2000 watt aluimiun series /kenwood 600 2 channel to 4 pioneer 200 watt 6x8

the legacy is 2-4 ohms stereo mode
4-8 ohms bridged
i havent got them hooked up yet because i just had a problem with alternator and had to buy anew one, spent 200 and some odd dollars and i want to see the best way i should run this whole setup, to get the best sound out of 15" and also to aviod anymore costly eletrical problems.and from frying sub or amps

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 916
a cap. wont solve any problems your having. what is the total rms for you amp? never post max power, it doesn't mean anything.

Post Number: 5
1000watts by 1

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 921
if it's 1000wrms, depending on your alt. you should be o.k., but i would get a ho alt. for any system 900w+ to be safe, and you'll be sure you'll be getting full power from your amp. if i was you i'd get a ho alt. but you know legacy is budget brand and is probably overrated a bit.

and if you do get a cap., after a ho alt., it goes 1 farad for every 1000w rms.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 972
i don't think that legacy can push that sub, too much power, tell us a budget to find you a good amp

Post Number: 7
id say i wouldnt be too uneasy to pay 3-4 hundred just on an {amp alone}. i only have $200 dollars wrapped up in the sub/box/wiring/3farad/the amps came from a previous system that was nothing special.im just working with what already have.so as far as a budget i dont have one "YET" becuz i dont have much wrapped up in it all now. but i know the best thing i have is the eclipse sub,so i want to build all my other system from that.and id say $400 max on a amp.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 923
whats the rms on your sub?

Post Number: 8
1100rms

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 901
Legacy "2000 max" amps usually run around 400w rms. The Kenwood is probably in that area too, maybe a little smaller.

Unless you have a really small alternator you shouldn't have any problems running what you have.

There should be several good amp options in your price range to replace the Legacy, but we need to know the impedance of the sub to point you in the right direction.

Post Number: 9
im a rookie when it comes to the specs on a sub other than the watts but the speaker is 15" eclipse 8815OTi

solid titanium cone
2 inch wide polyether surround
3 inch 4 layer aluminum voice coil
dual mirror image spider
integral woven in leads

all of this is on the side of the box, i dont have any paper work on them at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us