Has Anyone Heard Diamond Audio's D9 Component Speakers?

Username: 24fretslater

Washington US

Post Number: 9
I'm thinking about buying the set, but i havent heard them yet. Has anyone heard them or heard anything ABOUT them? It would totally help me out if i got any repkys. Also, what are your feelings on aluminum vs silk tweets? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1060
I have done a sit down session at Magnolia HiFi and have listened to Diamond Audio D9 7" with 1" aluminum tweeter against MB quarts top component set at Magnolia HiFi at that time (8 months ago).

The D9 handled the lower frequencies with more control than the MB, and the midrange was flatter on the D9 where the MB had a few dips in the center of the midrange. The tweeter is also smoother on the D9. MB is known for great piano response on the tweeter, but they can be harsh or sound like metal after a while. The D9 kept its kool:-)

As I listened to them against others in the booth, they simply put the competition to shame.

So, if you are looking for a smooth, transparent setup, then I chose D9. If you are looking for a blaster, then go with the MB.

Username: 24fretslater

Washington US

Post Number: 10
Sweeeeet. Thanks for the reply, its been harder than hell to find anyone that has heard them or knows anything about them. Sounds like they're pretty badass. A little pricey, but i think it'll be worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us