Whitch Amp Is Better Out Of These?

Bronze Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 20
Hey guys,
As some of you know I just bought a pair of RF punch 12" stage 1 subs with a total RMS wattage of 600 Watts. Now I just need an amp. I have limited it down to two.
Audiobahn A8000T with a 400RMS wattage shown here, http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13490
Or a Rockford Fosgate P3002 Punch amp that puts out 300 RMS shown here,
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14320
Any sugestions on witch one to get would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 941
what's the voice coil config on your sub. If is dual 4 you should go with the bahn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
you should get those amp from ebay, better prices

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Yea they are single voice coil, and yea I just thought I'de attach a link to them, but im sure ebay would be the way to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9741311077%26&sspagename= STRK:MEWA:IT%26
Theres the Ebay link for the subs, it would probly help out a tad... Keep the sugestions coming. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 211
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14130

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 402
Arent the P1's rated at 150 watts RMS ? 300 watt Max. You should be able to find some cheaper amps on ebay that will handle that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
150 Watts RMS
300 Watts Peak
But I have a pair so Ill need something that puts out like 300-400 RMS correct? Im a noob with all this stuff so corrct me if im wrong. Also feel free to sugest any other amps that would work for the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2460
Any 2 channel is not the best move, you need a mono 2 ohm stable amp, try the kicker zx-350.1 or 400.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
ok thanks. I'll stick with the mono's. Any more sugestions, or pros or cons for any above mentioned amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 70
Better to overpower your subs than underpower them. Besides, the specs given on a sub are general guidelines, not exact specs. They are temp. tested at the factory to be rated between 150-300.. you can easily stick them on a amp that will push 600 rms at 2 ohms and they'll last you a lifetime and sound awesome.

You're more likely to blow a sub from underpowering it than overpowering it. I've very rarely seen someone bring in an overpowered sub for replacement, but more often its from putting 300 watts to a 500 watt sub for example.

Get a 600 rms @ 2 ohm amp.. mono is more efficient and is ideal for subwoofers, but 2 channel will work just fine, you'll pay more for a 2 channel that will put out 300 watts x 2 rms @4 ohms than you will for a mono that twill put out 600 watts rms x 1 @ 2 ohms, however.

Recommendation:

600rms @2 ohm monoblock amp.

Hifonics, Eclipse, Phoenix Gold and Memphis are all awesome brands. Don't buy a audiobahn, it's a waste of space and will be a doorstop or paperweight in only a few months. Kicker is great, if you want to pay for the name.

Good luck

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 405
PG Xenon 400.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
OK I thought I had it figured out but now I have a lot of opinions... I have heard 300RMS all the way to 600RMS. I would liek to get the most power out of them without ruining them...What RMS do you guys suggest? Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Also could you guys please list some specific Hifonics, Eclipse, Phoenix Gold and Memphis amps that you would recomend for my subs. Again, i am very new at this so teh easier you guys make it for me the better, thanks.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 407
600 is too much, aim for 300 - 400, I reccommend the the Phoenic Gold Xenon 400.1, but what is your price range ?? and are you willing to use ebay ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 943
the audiobahn is not a cr@p, is a nice amp. A8000t is one of the best amp for the budget.

Best deal is PG xenon 400.1 or check profile if you're on a budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I guess I would call my price range from about 80-175$ or so, and yes I am definately interested in ebay, and will most likely get teh amp of there. Keep the ideas flowing! thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
a8000t is the best deal on budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Does the a8000t or PG xenon 400.1 come with a bass remote or nob?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I guess it's down to those two now...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I guess its down to those two...

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 408
item #280002725246 on ebay check it out

I would get that and it comes with a bass remote, but remember to be careful with that, keepint it at high levels could cause damage to your subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
What would you say a safe level would be for the bass remote? Also could you guys please help me find some Ebay listings for the a8000t or PG xenon 400.1? I looked for the a8000t but all I can find is 800W ones. thanks again...

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 414
Well i'm just saying not to keep it at its max for extended periods of time, I would probably keep it in the middle but I sometimes when I'm showing my friends turn everything up and get crazy loud.

I'll try to find you some on ebay but that one I listed is pretyy good its rare to find one of them being sold by a person on ebay, usually all "buy it now"

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 415

thats without a bass remote

and the one i listed above includes it (sorry not posting links it doesn't seem to show up on my computer, just copy and paste those item numbers into the search bar)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
yea np, thanks for your help. It's no biggie to me link or not, just appriciate the help. If I was to buy one without a remote would it be to big of a deal, or can I do without one? Also about how much are they, i seem to see them about 40$, is this correct? Thanks again.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 418
If you feel you need the remote then by all means get it, but I dont think its really that important you'll probably do more harm than good with it but if you want it then its best to get that 1st one i posted (you save a couple bucks bundling them together) and if you dont heres the item # for the remote if you want one later:

Good luck with it and hope it works out nicely
post pics when your done, also what car are you putting these into ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
It is a 97 Blazer, I bought it used but the guy left all the cords in, I belive they are RF.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
And I'll post pics as soon as everything is finished. Haven't even gotten the subs yet prolly sum time next week, i guess thats what i get for going with indoaudio on ebay... ;)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 419
Nice, I actually have a 97' Jimmy, even the smallest subs sound loud in these trucks, you wont be dissapointed.

Yea I don't reccommend indoaudio, I hear of many horror stories from them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yea so far its a great 1st car. I was trying to decide Blazer or jimmy but then a guy was selling one down the street for only 1700 so i jumped all over it. Im going to be going out of town for the weekend but if you guys could keep givong me some advice it would be great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Ok I got a lil game to settle this. since im realy stumped.
OK best amp out of these to push 2 12" Rockford stage 1 subs.
Audiobahn a8000t
or PG xenon 400.1
Both seem decent and about the same price. So i guess i will just go with what more people is better. First to 5 votes wins! Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmoneymachine8

Post Number: 18
the audiobahn one does 800 @ 2 ohms. im thinking of buying it for my solobaric 12 L7
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us