Need help with amp


New member
Username: Royalet


Post Number: 1
Registered: Jun-06
I have a sealed box with 2 alpine type r subs converted into 2 ohms. I have 2 mtx 501d amps, i plan on running 1 amp per sub. now imagine you have a box with a single 12 inch in a sealed box that you have done into 2 ohms, on the side of that box you have your speaker input jack + -, but when you look at your amp, you have 2 sets + - and + - thats 4 wires, but i only need 2, so how do i wire the amp to get the power that i need ?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 13
Registered: Jun-06
take either the left + and right - or the opposite way around, its called bridging.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2461
Registered: Sep-05
cant bridge a mono amp! it allows you7 to wire subs more easily, the amp will internally "bridge' the amp if you put 2 speakers on it, but 1 speaker will only see 2 ohms, no matter what terminals you use..

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 950
Registered: Dec-05
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us