Need help Immediately

Username: Jl_is_king

Post Number: 1
Right now i have 3 12 inch jl w0's. I am just wondering what would be a good amp to make these subs pound for under 200 dollars. Also should i go with a ported or sealed box.

Thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 62
You should look at Rockford Fosgate AMPs. I they last long and have clean power. Make sure you give those JL's lots of power. Ported or sealed is up to you. Depending on your music. Sealed will give you deep bass, no port noise, flat response, has good sound quality. Ported will give you better use of power if you are pressed for it. Higher bass with lower power usage.

Anonymous

you could use a kicker KX350.4 but you would only get about 90 watts to each of them. and it is about $259.00. and i would go with a sealed box depending on what kind of music you listen to.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2726
try a 1 ohm stable mono amp like the kicker kx1200.1
wire all three subs in parallel for a 1.33 ohm load

Post Number: 2
Im new to car audio and do not really understand what that means. Can you please give me a website that will clearly exlain this. If you could it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks alot

Post Number: 3
Also what would be the cheapest jl amp that would power these things good with tons of bass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2736
a JL 500/1 would work.

try www.bcae1.com to explain wiring.

Post Number: 4
thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts