Boss amplifier experience

Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 4
ok i know, a lot of you are thinking "oh no, not another boss thread, and i also am sick of seeing them. i just wanted the opinions of some people who have owned or have had experience with boss amps, with this one in particular :http://www.millionbuy.com/bosbl3kd.html and i dont want to hear the repetitive "boss sucks" over and over. if boss sucks back it up with actual info please. thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 872
cr@p dude, sorry you don't like my opinion but that's the true. It will put at least 1000w at 1 ohm, but for 180$ i don't think is the best choice. You can't create a thread and expect that everybody agrees with you. Boss is bad, that model is bad, better go with HIFONICS

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 10
I'm not trying to make everyone agree with me, im just sick of hearing the droning "boss suck boss sucks boss sucks" everytime the name is mentioned with out any actual proof that they suck, you feel me? im just looking for people who actually own or have used their amps to get a better idea on what their actually like. all i need this amp for is to power 2 performance teknique 12s with 500 rms each so i need about 1000 watts rms. thats still a lot of rms power for 180 bucks considering rockford and other big names will charge 500+ for an amp that will give out 1200 watts max

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
you can go with hifonics, boss is bad i've heard their subs, their amps and they don't put what they say and get hot. Your subs are bad too, performance teknique is bad. Why do you care so much about boss, they're bad. Max power doesn't exists so don't count on that. Get 1 audiobahn a8000t and get 2 kicker cvr dual 2 ohm and you'll see a good system for cheap

Bronze Member

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 11
the performance teknique subs really arent that bad, have you ever even heard them? and i dont care that much about boss, i just want some hands on opinions, not people who see that their inexpensive and say they suck.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 437
Why don't you prove us that boss don't suck and please back it up. Just don't say they don't.

Bronze Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 55
'You get what you pay for...' i think that about sums it up. I am not saying inexpensive stuff is crap, I am just saying that if your going to pay more money for it, its probably going to be better (higher quality)*. I don't want to rain on your parade, but if you came to a car audio forum and got people's opinions on your amps/subs... and the majority (nearly everyone) told you they were crap, they probably are. Just my two cents.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8253
boss newest model i havent heard but i have heard their former RIPPER D3 model which does around 1000wrms @ 2ohms - gets d job done , so does their also former model IQ model which does 1000wrms @ 1ohms which my buddy said also does the job .

BUT - im with those guys above Boss brand does not have any prestige its like a Kia/Fiat , no real reputation .

Email/PM a guy named B on this forum he has some decent Autotek amps & can give u a good price on them

If not go ebay & see whats around .....

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 79
I used to own one of the IQ's. It wasn't too bad of an amplifier. It overheated quite a bit though...

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
only boss amp i can say is good, and still is overrated by a ton

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Boss_REV3000D/

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1374
i've only seen one boss amp that i liked for about a day. it was definatly putting out it's 1400 watts rms but it caught on fire the next day. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us