Why am i hearing engine noise threw my speakers?

Username: Gmcjimmy

Post Number: 1
I just installed an amp for my speakers in my car. I think it might be the ground but ever since i hooked the amp up there is a loud whistling coming from my speakers. Is this due to a bad ground? I grounded it to the bolt connected to my back seat, it seems like a steady ground but i cant get the high pitched noise to stop. Has anyone ever had and fixed this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 142
it could be the rca's. did you run them down the same side of your car that you ran the power wire down?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 681
rcas have nothing to do with it. You have a weak ground. All amp noise is caused by bad grounds. Period. Remove the paint where the ground is attached to clean metal. Also, check the grounds from the battery to the chassis. Also make sure the engine ground to chassis is good. Unless you used realy cheap rcas, grounding is the problem.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1906
And like mike said, RCA's have nothing to do with it. Running ur RCA's and power wire does absolutely nothing unless you have a crappy pair of RCA's. I know a couple of people and people on this forum who actually wrapped the RCA's round and round the power wire and there was no noise :-)

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 869
there's a famous thread about that, glasswolf vs all the forum jaja, glasswolf won of course

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1917
LOL. i wish i could find it

Silver Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 143
this noise is call "Ground Loop" that mean the noise is rev from your engine (Alternator whine). The article from the bottom link will walk you thru the progress to fix the issue.
https://myeporia.eporia.com/resources/company_38/tech%20note%201002.pdf

Username: Benzino

Michigan US

Post Number: 8
i agree with rick ross i had the same problem and it ended up being my rca's...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us