Frequency Response

Bronze Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 87
What is considered a good or great frequecy response for a a good subwoofer?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3849
don't worry about Freq. Response.

look at the Driver's Fs. that will determine more so what you tune the enclosure to. if you go ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 88
Ok, so I mean, what would I be looking for with the Driver's Fs?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2434
the Fs is the free air frequency responce. if you wanted to go ported, you can't have a box tunes lower then the driver's Fs. this will greatly affect the SQ of the subs and determine how low you can actually go, in frequency that is.

the actual frequency responce will vary between vehicles and boxes. and the "rated" frequency responce is pretty useless for subs. they are all the same and you only run frequencies between 20 and 80 or 100Hz anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 377
ok my Fs is 26.4 would it be fine if i tuned my box to 32? is that a good freq. to tune it to for SQL?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 159
how can you find out what your box is tuned to cause i bought one from a audio shop that they said it would work good with cvrs. can you just measure the port or somethin or how the h*ll do you find out?

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 379
yea find the port width by height or if its round internal diameter then go n try to find a site and just start entering in frequency numbers to find out about how close ur box is tuned to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us