Need help with Orion Amplifer, PLEASE!

Username: Mmarcum

Johnson City, Tennessee

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have an Orion XTR Pro 1000 Class-D amplifier (2002 model) that I bought brand new. A few days ago, it quit working right.
I haven't changed anything with the sound system, but it has now started just making a clicking noise every second or so.
Whenever the remote wire kicks the amp on (which it does power on), it will just click, and it also sends some
sort of signal to the subs, and the subs start making a small clicking noise in time with the amp. I know it is not
my subs, as they have been tested with a different amp, and it is not the head unit, as it does not matter where the signal
is coming from, the amp still clicks. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2696
check for a bad ground first
if its not that, then most likely its the amp that needs to be repaired

Bronze Member
Username: Elexpert

Post Number: 17
I know this is stupid but check the fuses lol hehe

Username: Mmarcum

Johnson City, Tennessee

Post Number: 2
LOL, yeah I checked all the fuses and went back and tightened down all the ground and power wires just to be sure. It's really strange how it happened, because I was driving and everything was working just fine. I stopped to talk to a friend for 15 minutes and when I started my car back up, this mess started happening. Weird, huh?
I only have one possible thought. I haven't had time yet to try running the power directly from the battery to the amp without running it through the capacitor first. Is it a possibility that the cap is maybe causing this problem? Thanks

Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Elexpert

Post Number: 19
Caps only help when your car is turned off. When your car is running the audio components and everything else work off of the power generated by your alternator. A cap won't do anything but cause problems unless you have a car that you just sit in and listen to music without starting it. If you have power concerns in your car you should buy a new alternator. Look around in this AMPS forum that's where I get most of my info.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2703
really the cap won't make any difference between the engine running or not.
That aside, yeah the clicking could be the capacitor if it's miswired in series with the amp or grounding out.
just remove the cap and see if it works.

Username: Mtxman780

LOUISVILLE, KY USA

Post Number: 5
you may need more power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us