Memphis amps

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 133
are memphis amps just as good as fosgate and kicker and all them other good brands if so is the class d 4000 watt amp good and what about the 1100 1 channel amp????????

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1804
memphis are great amps and they are usually underated. thats 1100 will prolly put out close to if not 1300. i dont know why u would want the 4000 watt amp that does 4000 @ 1 ohm?...

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 454
memphis is BETTER than all those amps, easily, they put out WAY more than theyre rated at, if anyone tells you different tell them they are wrong

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
lol well see there is a story to that lol........my buddy is trying to sell his brand new solo x kicker 18 i kept askin him y u doin it he just says i dont know i dont want it (hes really wealthy), but anyways he said he would sell it to me for 450$ and im gonna do it and would that 4000 memphis amp push it good and be extreamly loud in a large suv

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 455
oh yes, oh yes
get a big alternator
but wear earplugs

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1810
i would def NOT do that deal... that sub is mainly for spl competitors and is NOT made to be used as a daily driving sub. The best bet (if you ask me) would be to get it from him for 400 or wahtever and sell it on ebay. or on other forums. Spl competitors would be more than happy to pay 1000 for that sub brand new!!!

anyways, its just too loud, it unpleasent unless you are competing in alot of drags. and the system upgrades with the alt, batteries, amp, new speakers/components/ another amp for componets, wiring etc will cost you alot more money. sell it and get a more than average system

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
well see i know im wantin something that would hit hard and be extreamly loud and sound good i have a 15 L7 solo baric powered by a power acoustik 1600 amp that really pushes about 500 or 600 rms which is not loud but since its a dual 2 ohm and if i get another could i just get the kicker 2500 watt amp on them or should i just go with something like a jl audio 1000/1 on a couple of 12 w6's or just 1 13 w7 on the jl audio 1000/1?

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
or some memphis mojo 15's with a good amp like jl or memphis on them

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1813
why are u mainly lookin for? spl sq sql

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
spl that sounds good and people will hear my bass from about 3 or 4 blocks away and hear my system comin down the road and when i pull up to them at a red light makes there car vibriate LOL i just want spl that sounds good ......so?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1850
sry bout not comin back, lol.

wut's ur budget? and do you want 1 or 2 subs

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1853
you could get a couple of AA arsenals or a 15" havoc... there are so many. make a new thread in the sub section and you will get a bunch of good spl subs. :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1854
15" Treo TSX
eclipse TI
crystal comp x's
l7 (not my choice)
2 treo ssi (12 or 15)

it all depends on ur budget. like i said take these into account and make a new thread in the sub section.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 834
and you should change that amp quickly

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
i either want jl subs or memphis mojo subs or just get another kicker sub i just want something that would make it be heard from like 4 blocks away in my suv my budget right now is 1500.00$ but i want some money left over lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1857
jl subs and memphis subs are nice but too overpriced. there are alot better subs out there also.

out of the ones you picked, i would get the 2 w6

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
u think i would be satisfied more with them than goin with 2 15 L7's?.......whats the specs on the w6's

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1858
i'm not sure what the specs are for the w6. i think the rms is around 400.

the l7's are pure pure spl with no sq at all. its just boomy bass, but u can be heard from a ways away. the w6's are alot better subs and are bettermade because the square design of the l7 makes is so that distortion is obtained easier and the corners have a high stress point which causes the distortion. The w6's do get very loud if powered properly. its up to you

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
yeah and if i go with anohter l7 car audio express has an dual probox and 2 ports or the back side of the box and the box is huge but then again i could always get a big box for them w6's and put 2 ports in them that would make them sound good.......do they make w7's 12? if so whats the specs on them

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1859
www.jlaudio.com

they also give you the dimention on what size box to use. Putting some subs in a huge box wont solve anything, it needs to be the ported enclosure specs that the sub requires. :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1860
12" w7 is also 750 watts rms
13" w7 is 1000 watts rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
alright thanks bassman so what would u go with if u was me and the system was going to be in a large suv would u go with 2 kickers or the jl's or 2 15 memphis mojo?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1863
that is a question that will have a ton of diff reviews. me, i would like the jl's or the memphis ones. i havent heard much of memphis subs so i really dont know much about them. so i cant help with how the mojo's sound. like i said, put these 3 subs in a new thread in the sub section and u will get some good reviews.

mine is:

1. jl
2. memphis
3. kicker

but, you like really loud so maybe the l7's would be better for ya :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
yea i think ill stick with the l7s cus i mean i already have one so i can just add another and i like kicker subs..........but heres the good ? should i go with a big 2 channel amp or just 2 amps what would sound the best prolly

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1873
lol. u always find me in another thread and say "bassman look in the memphis thread" lol. The reason why i dont see it is because it still says i am the last one who posted in it. so sometimes you need to bump it up

you just need an amp that would be good for them. the rms is 1000 right?

if you want 1 amp:

* orion 2500d - DVC 4 ohm woofers wired to a 1 ohm load
* RF T20001bd

2 amps:

* memphis 1100
* MB Raa1000
* 1000/1

i would just get the orion if u can. that will only work if you have the DVC 4 ohm woofer

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1874
you would find a 2-channel amp that would put out 2000 watts unless bridged...

The orion and RF are my choice :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
i cant do the orian i have a dual 2ohm sub and im just gonna get another will the fosgate work out just fine? or u think it would sound better if i just got 2 memphis 1100 amps?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1877
ok. since you would have 2 DVC 2 ohm woofers - you can only wire those to a 2 or 8 ohm load.

thats mean that the orion or the RF will not work.

You can get the memphis amp or the jl and hook each amp to each sub. When you do this, you need to wire each sub to a seperate 1 ohm load so that each sub will get around 1200 watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
lol man that sucks i was wantin that RF amp....... so i could just get 2 1100 memphis amps or 2 1000/1 jl amps or wonder if it would sound right if i got 1100 memphis and a jl 1000/1???????? is there any more good amps u can sugest i get

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1883
not really

the mb quart amp is nice too mb raa1000

you could get 2 HIFONICS BXi1206D's also.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1884
it would be nice if you could switch ur 2 ohm sub to a 4 ohm so u can get the RF

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
yeah are the 4 ohm just have less power and the 2 ohm has more power whats the differece in those

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
but i can just use 2 amps like 2 jl audio 1000/1 or 2 memphis 1100 amps and put them on both subs

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1892
4 ohm and 2 ohm just means that there are diff wiring possibilities. 1 4 ohm sub can wire to a 2 or 8 ohm load on the amp etc www.the12volt.com -then go to woofer wiring on the left

and yes

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
thanks man u are like the only one on here that helps me lol

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 851
just get an amp that puts out 2000w rms at 2 ohms, i can say right now viper 2400d. You can wire them at 0.5 ohm, you can get lanzar optidrive 2000d which is cheap and will make those subs to bump. It's 1950-2000w rms at 0.5 ohm. You'll need the Big 3 upgrade cuz those amps will drain a lot of current. And for more questions go to www.bcae1.com

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 460
i like the 2 1100d idea, those are great amps, you WILL like them, also, youl be actually getting somethin like 1300 rms

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 680
This amp will power one sub at 750wrms at 4 ohms,
or two subs at 1500wrms at 2 ohms. So it will work with 1 or 2 L7s. It will put out more than the ratings too.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=26

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1910
but the l7 rms is 1000 marc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us