Clarion VRX765 parking break cancel?

Username: Kobhomye

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Clarion VRX765vd and tried to ground the forest green wire to the chasis, of course this didnt work. The manual shows the green wire going to the break light and splicing in to where the ground runs into the light and where the parking break wire runs into the ground wire. If this is the case would a simple switch work, or do I need to run a series of switchs to get this to work?

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 293
it does work, but only until youshut the car of and turn it back on because it recognises the constant ground feed. Just a simple switch solves the problem

Username: Bowe

Post Number: 2
matthew lee is correct i had the same problem

Post Number: 3
ok so this is going to sound stupid but it appears from posters who use a switch you simply put a toggle switch between the parking break wire and then run a line out to the ground, or do you run the line to live 12v?

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 297
get a simple toggles witch, you can use one from a car alarm. There should be two sides of the switch that you can connect wires too. Solder the green wire to one side and then solder another wire to the other side and connect that to the chassis. there is no 12v source needed.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all your help, it works!

Username: Flick212

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I have the Clarion VRX765VD as well and I tried the switch but I still get "Audio Only" on screen. Can you tell me if I'm not doing this right?

1. Cut the green parking brake wire in half. 2. Hook up the side still connected to the receiver to one side of the two prong toggle switch
3. Hook up the other side to the other half of the cut green wire.
4. Terminate the wire in step 3 to a screw that's supposedly grounded in the car.
5. Turn on the unit, switch the toggle off and then on again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Username: Misterxxx

NY

Post Number: 2
I have a clarion vrx765vd too. I researched online and they say "Just ground the parking brake wire" I've tryied that and it works momentarily. Every time I shut off the car and turn it back on the picture will not show. It displays "Audio Only" I have to re-ground it to work again. I tried grounding parking park wire to the ground wire factory harness and grounding to the chassis of the car. Also I tried ground to the headunit. All three methods work momentarily.

To remedy the situation, I brought a 2 prong toggle switch to get it work; when I shut off the car. Flick the switch 2 to 3 times and bingo.

I think 2 prong toggle switch the only fix. Run the green parking brake wire inline with the toggle switch to a ground point. Can be: Car chassis, ground factory harness wire , ground distribution block, headunit chassis, etc. Perferable the first two options would be best.

That's the only fix that i know of. If there is another way I wanna know.

Username: Misterxxx

NY

oh yeah about the toggle switch.........i think you flick it once or twice but definately not more than 3.

Username: My_fatty

Tucson, AZ USA

Will that work for the Alpine D100 also?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us