Does the HU make a difference in how smooth bass hits???

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 12
I currently have a pioneer DEH-P770MP and a AVX-P8 Premier monitor...well when i had my old AVH-P6600DVD the bass and overall system sounded MUCH CLEANER and the bass sounded smoother, all my other components are the same with the exception of my power and ground wire, it used to be fosgate 8 ga and some guy installed some no name brand 4 ga but i recently bought 4 AGW Knuconcepts power wire to replace it...would that make a difference?? or is it the HU??? my system consists of: Directed 1100D, Directed 4200, pioneer 4-ways in the doors, alpine type r 5x7 2 ways in the quarters, and 2 12" alpine type r's in a sealed enclosure...SQ is what i want again and i used to have it :-(

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 264
Maybe you should check your amp gains, maybe the output voltage on 770 is higher than 6600, you could be clipping your amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 16
there both 4v pre-outs

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2428
wire is wire, so that shouldn't affect anything. but you did upgrade the size, so the amps are prob getting the voltage easier and maintaining it. do you have a HO Alt??

the HU is the beginning of the line. it is what sends the signals on to be amplified and reproduces. so if you have a crappy HU, it'll send on crappy signals and you'll get crappy sound. (best way to describe it, lol) you prob just need to adjust some EQ's and reset your gains. just because both are "Rated" at 4V, doesn't mean you'll see the same voltages at the came volume levels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us