Top 6x9 types

Username: Linkin_guy109

Post Number: 2
there are literally over a thousand different types of speakers to choose from and in this thread i would like to see which brand and model people think are the best brand and have the highest quality of sound, i personly think that the mtx thunder drome axials are the best hand done(and one thing i thought u all shoud know, is that ,mtx subs are proven to be louder then kicker subs)

Username: Jokers10

Post Number: 2
Proven by MTX. Well I think I make the best beef jerky around, so I must be right.

Post Number: 3
lol no seriously the compared frequencies and such and mtx came out on top u can even check it out on this site http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/kicker.cfm

Post Number: 3
I have read it. I understand the math behind it, but until someone shows me in a real world situation, I will continue to throw my money into kicker. Kicker has always put out quality equipment. They have never sold "Road Thunder" equivelent speakers. I am not saying MTX is bad, I just would rather put money into equipment that I have used, and am still using.

Post Number: 4
And one more note on that page. They did all the testing at MTX audio labs. Don't you think they would have an SPL meter in an "Audio Lab"? I bet you if they did the test at Clarion's audio lab, that Clarion subs would come out on top. In other words it is a very biased test, with no real information besides a couple of formulas.

Post Number: 4
you make a very good argument on the subject, but clarion subs are very high quality subs that cost A LOT of money to get the best ones, and i guess that i didnt think my last part through well enough, i should have researched the subject more thoroughly, but the one thing that MTX has that no other brand has is a 22" subwoofer, i have actually seen one of those at an audio convention and it is very impressive.

Post Number: 5
The Jackhammer is a very cool sub. So was the 30 incher that Clarion had about 4 years ago.

Post Number: 7
my bad. It was 32"
SRW8000

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 872
"the one thing that MTX has that no other brand has is a 22" subwoofer, i have actually seen one of those at an audio convention and it is very impressive"

did you just see it or you actually hear it? cause i've actually heard one and it is a total piece of sh!t that isn't worth the $7000 it costs.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 992
man, obviously someone is a little new to car audio or stuck in a hillbilly store where you don't see or get to hear much. MTX is some of the worst stuff I've sold and never has done well. There 4500 series is junk and only the 8500 does well but not even close to value its sold at. All MTX's and even A-bahns huge subs are more of a PR thing that obviously worked a little as it seems someone buys into it but its a piece of junk that has no use. You've only seen it but never heard them. I've heard a Jackhammer and it sucks, sucks bad. MTX tried to prove on paper how the MTX is better than "X" sub but considering performance is more dependent on application and variables that are poart of the install play a huge factor, the test is stupid and a waste of paper and time reading it. Its like saying my dad and Michael jordan can both play basketball and my dad will win cause he's 2in taller, probably has the weight advantage, and can jump "x" high.

BUt what I think is funny is I think this was a conversation between the same person as you look at their post counts....lol

Post Number: 7
either u really know car audio are ur just an as$ hole thats trying to get attention, yes i am new to car audio, but i really dont have that many choices when it comes to speaker types and unless you can show me clear evidence that MTX is an inferior brand to other big names im still gonna buy stuff made by them

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 901
"i really dont have that many choices when it comes to speaker types"

than how can you say mtx is best hands down?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 997
unforunately most of the people on here as well as myself will tell you that numbers on a sheet of paper that come from testing a speaker in a lab is almost worthless as they aren't showing of how the entire speaker as a whole works. You really have nothing to prove your point that MTX is the best while I can tell you from my listening experience with many products that MTX is not the best. Why not take two products, say JL W3v3 series and a MTX 5500 series sub and see which one sounds better. To make such bold statements as MTX thunder domes are the best hands down and MTX products are the best or they are the best cause they offer a 22in sub can bring up alot of crap from people. If you think what I said was harsh you should go to other forums like CAF or ICIX and say that, they'll just ban you. There are many brands out there you don't know of if you just started out in car audio, i'd take the time to try their products out and listen to them.

Post Number: 9
i stand corrected

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 173
quote: "Why not take two products, say JL W3v3 series and a MTX 5500 series sub and see which one sounds better."
i think you cant really compair that. Why not compair
ONE JL W3v3 to ONE MTX 5500, i think that would be a more fair test?, if you look on mtx website, they have done a comparison with the JL W7 and the MTX Thunder 9500. clearly the MTX will get louder and drop lower, but quality wise JL will always be a little better, but then that difference of quality will not be noticed buy the ordinary bloke, therefore that bloke would go for the mtx? but then again all this is a money making industry... i think, wats ur views?

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1011
i don't even understand what you were trying to say compare one JL w3v3 and one 5500. Thats what i already said, and if you haven't already read the sub were tested at MTX in a lab. Now i'm pretty certain no car is near the environment of a lab and the results will change with factors such as amp, enclosure, car, EQing and such. And yeah most people can tell a difference between the MTX and the JL as I compare them for customers everyday and only the cheap ones stick with the MTX but most go for the JL's. The MTX may be able to burp at a lower note than a JL(if you want to believe that) but keeping control on music at low frequencies like that the JL beats it. You should really listen to products before you start quoting off things you've read all the time. This MTX thing has been talked about so much before.

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 174
lol my bad i cnt read, i had the impression you were compairing two jl's with the one MTX....
I come to this site on and off, i was off this site for more than 7-9 months, i also think views do change in that time as well, any one knwo where isac.w? is around any more?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us