Skip Skip Skip

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 79
I have a Panasonic CQ-C7403U. Everytime my bass hits pretty hard my CD player will skip to like the middle of the song. I have already tried putting some stuff to shock-proof the HU but nothing works. Also i have cleaned the lens like ten times with my lens cleaner. Tried brand new CD's,etc. Is there anything else i can do??? Anyone HELP????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3228
Someone brought up a good point that your system might not have the juice to be playing that hard and that the unit is skipping due to power problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
No i figured it out,i searched around and found out that this particular panasonic head unit doesnt have anti-skip protection. POS. I am sooo mad i have already had to take it in to get the subwoofer and front RCA output fixed, and now when i get my amp installed, my head unit has another problem. I shouldve got an Alpine. All my system is Alpine except for my head unit. Im gonna sell it on ebay and get an Alpine. Any recommendations for an Alpine head unit under $175?????

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 138
These will be your options at that price. I put a couple of Pioneers in there because in that price range I like the Pioneer models over Alpine. But for Alpine, the CDA-9856 is your best bet.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3229
Actually, it does have anti-skip protection. That's why the mechanism floats on rubber shock absorbers once the CD has been put into the unit.

Very few head units have software or firmware based anti-skip protection. Either way, it shouldn't have skipped, it might have just been a bad unit or you really don't have the power to play it.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 449
power problems

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
So youre sayin that there isnt enough power going to my head unit even though i have a yellow cap battery and a 90 amp alternator. My amplifier only cranks 60 amps. My headunit only cranks 15 amps.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3244
The car uses 60% of the alt's amperage...leaving you specifically with 36 amperes of free current for your system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
so what if i got a 4 channel amp so i wouldnt be using the smp in the headunit would it still skip or what???? Bc i am planning on getting another amp (four channel) will that help stop the skipping???? Also it doesnt skip when i have my radio playing or my ipod hooked up??? It only skips when i am playing the CD

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
So basically i am gonna need a new alternator

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
What are the websites in which i could find some alternators?? I have heard of excessiveamperage.com but is that the best one or are there any other websites that i can get an alternator from???
PS: i figured out it was the power when i hooked up my second amp i cant turn the volume past thirty without the volume cutting out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us