Questioning the best

Pilgrim
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have 2 3.5 in the instrument panel, 2 6" in the doors and 2 6x9" in the rear, which are all powered by the HU. Now, I like my stereo, but what should be my next step. I listen to a lot of bass, so what would be able to deliver mmore bass to the car without distorting the sound overall. Do I invest in a Amp or what? TBone, you have helped me before with much success, so I ask this of you above all others.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2686
get 6.5" separates for the front.
good ones.
put the tweeters in teh 3.5" dash spots and the midrange in the 6.5" spots.

then replace the rear speakers with matching two-way 6'5" or 6x9"
look at CDT Classics or Infinity Kappas

then, look at an amplifier from JBL, Kicker, MTX, or similar. mono sub amp, power depends on what you want for subs.. I'd look at a pair of 12" subs if you have the money and space.. usually a good setup for most cars.

Pilgrim
Unregistered guest
Ok, But I just want to know if it makes a difference that all of my speakers are at least 2-way? My 3.5 are two way, My 6" are 2 way, and My 6x9 are four way.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2708
the 3.5" are just a waste of time regardless.
the 6.5" two ways just add a tweeter over the midrange.
the 6x9" "four way" means they have 3 tweeters on each speaker, which is overkill, and really only done to impress people who don't know any better.
in a 6x9 a two way is fine, since you don't want the rear speakers to be very "bright" anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us