Sx1250.1 to powerful?

Bronze Member
Username: Junior22

Post Number: 36
would an sx 1250.1 be to powerful for an avalanche 15? or do u think it could handle it?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 930
That sx1250.1 is underated. It will easily put out around 1400 watts. I think the Ava is like 800watts. I wouldn't do it. Get another avalanche, and a zx1500.1, or get a smaller amp. it could prob handle a MB Quart Raa 1000. I would give it a kicker ZX750.1 tho.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7893
isnt the ava dvc 4ohms....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
no the ava is dual 2 ... so im gonna get the zx1500.1 run it at 4 ohms ... so it does 750 ..

Bronze Member
Username: Lordvicadin

Post Number: 16
so whats wrong with what you have now? oh the amp it has to many watts for the sub? not a problem just turn the gain down and youwill be fine. all my amps are twice as strong as the rating on the speakers . why ? for peaks. rms is continus rating but not a peak rating so dont worry bout it. just watch the gain.. i see no poiunt in buying a LOWER powered amp just because the speakers are rated lower.. such a waste .... just my 2 cents tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
how is the Zx1500 a lower powered amplifier?
that amps produce close to 1600 watts on each and everybirth sheet they produce...

running it at 4 0hms will cut the power in half therefore powering the ava optimally ... with an rms of 750 watts

the sx1250.1 is an amplifier i was going to purchase from a friend ... doesnt do as much at 2 ohms ...

i can get kicker products for cheap ... so i dont have a problem there ...

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 203
how cheap? how much would u be gettin the zx1500 fior?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
360 shipped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us