Desperately need question answered fast.......

Mark31
Unregistered guest
I have a KX1200.1 being installed tomorrow. I have to be at school, so I can't really specify to them what i want. I'm hoping to leave my dad directions, even though he doesn't know much about steros. I was wondering if when they install it, is the ohms determined by how they wire it, or is there only one possible setting? I have two 12's, so I was thinking 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2652
the 02KX1200.1 is 1 ohm stable.
if you have two 4 ohm subs, yeah have them wire in parallel for 300w per sub.
they'll know how to wire it and yes the load affects the output

Biggie
Unregistered guest
I have recently bought 2 vibe space 12" subs that are both 600 watts rms each and together 1200 watts rms. Could any one suggest what amp I should consider using with these subs. Also what power rating amps I should be looking at. Price isn't a factor

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2689
are the subs single coil 4 ohms each?

Mark31
Unregistered guest
Hey, i got the amp installed. It works great, and it's not pulling too much for the alternator. One problem though. The guy said that the audiobahns were 8 ohms, so he could only run the amp at half of its potential power. This leaves it sounding only slightly better than the last amp I had. I guess the best solution would be just to buy new subs when I come up with some money. Any ideas on what subs could handle the full output of the amp?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2695
two 2 ohm subs (or 4+4 DVC), rated to handle about 600-650 watts RMS each

Mark31
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of getting kicker subs to go along with the amp. Is there a difference in quality between the square and round subs? The 04S12L72(square) subs are 12" Dual 2-ohm, and the 03CVR122(round) are the same. Wich would be better to get?

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 63
the CVR12 would have better SQ but less SPL and less power handleing than the L712.

the pair of L712's would be a better match for that amp.

also you may wanna put them in a vented box....

Mark31
Unregistered guest
How much of a difference will the vented box make, and around how much would 2 L712 with box cost?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2699
a CompVR 12" is rated for 350wRMS

Mark31
Unregistered guest
Hey, I'm finally thinkin about gettin the Solobaric L7. It just seems kinda weird that they're the only square sub out there. Supposed to have good spl tho.... They look to be about $200+ each. How much would it be for the 2 subs with the vented enclosure?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us