Ok so....

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 60
Hey guyz..wud up...im puttin 2 12" cvr's in the back of my ford ranger ext. cab..and i saw this box at circuit city for 70 bucks..it holds 2 12" subs..and its a sealed box with 1 cubic foot for each sub.. wut u guys think.. is that enough air space? i cant really go wider but i can go longer..do u suggest sealed or ported for cvr's?
Thanks
Joe

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1085
ported my friend....32-30hz.......dont buy prefab boxes waste of money!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1245
I hate prefab boxes too even though back in the 80's I use to go to the flea market and buy them just to modify and it really sounded good. These days most company's don't put much into them but I did find one who actually puts quite a bit of quality, Audio Enhancers. They cost a lot more but they use the tricks like using rounded port edges, wedges in the corners to get rid of them and they are made of MDF. I bought a box from them for dual 10's it weighed like 40lbs by itself, sounds/looks great! If you must they do make a great box but you may want to give it a go yourself. Polo. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 62
thanks guyz

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1593
i feel stupid asking this but wuts prefab?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 423
pre built, not to your subs specs

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1248
pre built, not to your subs specs

Technically not true, means assembled before receiving has nothing to do with weather or not it is to spec. If you have someone no matter who it is build you a box, it is a prefab, you didn't build it. Polo. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us