OT - Turbo chargers

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 275
does anyone have a turbo on their car??? also...where is the best place to buy one?

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 29
20g turbo in a Evo8

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 294
well what kinda car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3376
turbos are nice, but I rather superchargers.
check www.ebay.com

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 296
kinda rule of them MOST,but not all people would agree with
sc 4cyl
turbo 6 cyl

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1051
Yeah turbos heat to quickly. Although i like the toyota supra with twin turbos. THAT will fly.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 298
they heat to quickly?? thats why i get an intercooler ;) lol yes id love a turbo over a sc anyday, well make that a TT lol. i just love the BOV sound, the sc whine just gets soooo annoying

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1053
Well, a turbo works off the exhaust. It hooks to the end of the exhaust manifold and the exhast goes through it. In the turbo, The exhaust air spins a fan that pushes air in the intake manifold. After a little while, the exhaust gets hot. A supercharger stays colder because it is hooked in the front of the engine, and the belt spins the fan that leads to the intake manifold. I would much rather have a supercharger. Turbos make noise too btw.Who agrees in having a supercharger would be better?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 433
i would get turbos unless it was a big block V8
sorry ATF
turbos are for imports mostly and if you ask me superchargers are for american muscle

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1056
well, thats true. BUt i would have a 69 camero way more than a import. unless it was a supra. maybe not even that.

Bronze Member
Username: Cawb

Post Number: 43
i agree^ i f*ckin hate imports lol not worth putting 10,000 to get 300horse, where i can put 1000 in my car and get over 300, but im getting a pro charger in the next couple years.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 299
sorry i missed out lol
yes a turbo makes noise but its so much better sounding than the sc whine, dont get me wrong id take a sc gtp over my se (grand prix) anyday but id sure love to have a twin turbo supra/gsx/vr4/ any tt'd import, and as to nicks statment, yes american cars have bigger engines, so of course it takes less money to get to 300hp duh lol, dont get me wrong i love my american muscle, but i just love imports, because of thier great aftermarket ability, especially handeling/suspension. and yes ATF i know exactly how turbos/ sc's work lol

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 373
YEa i know they got bigger engines so why dont peopel that like to race just buy american muscel? and my car has great handling and suspension its just as good as my moms eclipse GSX.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 301
because in some cases look nicer, and handle better, what kind of car do u have?

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 375
1985 camaro z28, i dunno why my name changes in threads me and nick are the same guy lol

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 303
lol ok devin nick reef, and i could be wrong but i highly doubt ur camaro handles as good as an awd ecplipse, but back to this guys thread, logan what kind of car do u have so we can point u in the right direction
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us