Trying to decide a amp to use

Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 9
I posted this question in another thread, but didn't get a answer so I'm gonna post it here. I'm trying to find a amp to power 2 Kicker 05CVR12-2
12" 800W Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer's in series, but the original MA Audio amp I though would work seems to be under powered for the job. Someone in the other thread mentioned the Audiobahn A8000V but I have heard some good things and bad things about Audiobahn. Can someone give me some past experiences they have had with Audiobahn, or maybe give me some suggestions on a different amp? It would be really appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 71
ask bassman

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 185
Audiobahn sucks, i had a brand new amp straight from factory started on fire as soon as i turned it on. And there subs are killing my amps.. What is your budget for a new amp?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7872
a john u got aim

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 10
Budget for a amp is around $200.00 to $250.00. Sorry for the triple posting btw. I'm on a slow connection atm.

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 75
under $200 what would you say other than an audiobahn

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 187
Whats that 1600rms at 2ohms then, what would be the total load your putting on the amp? 2 or 4ohm? I get confused when you say series.... QVC subs did it to me... so confusing.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1738
i have dealt with both the a8002t and the a8000t intake series amps. not the a8000v though. from my past experiences all i can say is that they are prolly one of the, if not the best budget amp out there for the money. it puts out 800 watts and it would work great with those CVR's.

john,

i dont know what amp you got, but i think you are indeed lieing about the amp catching on fire "right when u turned the amp on", LOL. you must not know how to set up or wire an amp in the first place because NO AMP no matter what would EVER do that. Not even a good ole sony. lol. if you did everything correctly that amp would have worked fine.

charles, i really like those cvr's with a a8000t model - with the sub wired down to 2 ohms. I have never had a problem with the amp overheating or going to protection. They barely even get hot. as far as i know, the INTAKE series amps (a8000t,a8002t) are great budget amps.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1740
audiobahn subs are what u should be not gettin

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 188
OK well i lied, it wasnt straight from the factory, but i was told it was and was never used from the person i got it from, when i got it it looked like it was new and never used, and i did not wire anything wrong.I kno my ohm's and the differnce between + and - . And i did test it with a multimeter before turning it on. they might be alright amps, but from my experience i will never buy another again, but as for the subs, ya i kno they are garbage

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2375
first if those are dual 2 ohm subs, then you need a 2 ohm mono amp, not any 2 channel unless it is 1ohm stereo stable.... or 1/2 ohm bridged... look at the kicker zx series amps, but that may be out of your budget youll need to stay with the audiobahn wither the 8000v or the 1600v

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 191
u need a mono that would do 800rms at 2 ohm then.....

and this should be perfect......
http://cgi.ebay.com/A8000V-Audiobahn-800W-RMS-Mono-Block-Intake-Amp-NEW_W0QQitem Z9739889718QQcategoryZ64571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and its only 150$ with shipping!, i think you should probally get this for your budget, even get to keep the extra 50$ :-)

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 11
Thanks for all the great posts guys. Sounds like that the Audiobahn amp is a good choice as a amp to run these 2 CVR's so I'm gonna consider it for my system. Got another amp to throw at you guys for you to look at. Been looking at this one as well Kenwood KAC-9102D 850W Mono Amplifier . Would this amp work as well, or would it be a bad choice?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 785
john got owned jajaja lier!

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 99
kenwoods suck yea it would be a bad choice and so do audiobahns get a hifonics bxi1606d or a directed 1500d
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us