Underwater amps...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3176
My basement flooded last friday from an irrigation ditch problem, lo and behold I had some good equipment on the floor:

PPI PC2350: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/underwaterppipower.jpg

PPI PC2300: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/f66afb33.jpg

Fluke Multimeter and Weller soldering iron:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/underwaterfluke.jpg

Water was up to half a foot, what you see in the pictures is aftermath when it was down to about 3-4 inches. After the equipment here (there's more, but not car audio related...) was dried out, the only thing that doesn't work anymore is the PC2350...I was going to install it sometime this week haha. Moral of the story? Install the amps when you have them! Don't leave them laying around!

Username: Ericrusty

SAN ANTONIO, TX United States

Post Number: 3
Damn that sucks man, But I don't know where to store my w7 lol, it's to heavy to leave laying around and i have no amp to hook up it with..

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 336
Give it to me Eric!

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1189
ib be happy to take that w7 off your hands.....

Post Number: 4
lol, I'm saving up for my 1000/1 , I'm just bumpin my two 12'L7's Right Now!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1239
It isn't the water that kills circuitry it is power applied to it while wet! You may have blown a FET or so..Polo..

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5956
yup if you ever drop your cell phone or any other electronics in water immediatly take out the battery and allow plenty of time to dry and you would be surprised they end up working most of the time. Jexx that sucks bro sorry to hear that man.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 653
can you claim under homeowners insurance?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 182
he has pictures so he prolly can, but that sux....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3178

quote:

It isn't the water that kills circuitry it is power applied to it while wet! You may have blown a FET or so

Some of the legs of the mosfets are rusted over, lol...I wouldn't be surprised if the rust caused some of the pins to bridge connections, the pc2350 was near the window where the water was the worst (as in muddy), so that might have something to do with it-whereas the pc2300 doesn't have any rust..hmm...

quote:

can you claim under homeowners insurance?

Yep! Not sure if I'll replace it, get something different, or just keep the money lol.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 183
Teaches you another lesson.... dont leave your equiptment laying on the floor.... i had a amp that got all wet on me before when i left i ton my garage floor and it rained and leaked under the door my amp got wet and i didnt notice until i plugged it in.....ooopppps and it smoked... only a 250watt amp for mids\highs.... cheapo one

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 216
if you are bumpin 2 L7s isnt your amp big enough for a w7 until u save up for a w7

Post Number: 5
But the two L7's Hit Harder than the W7, Because I can't fix the amp to push 750 RMS at 3 Ohm, But I can push 550 RMS at 2 ohm per channel On the L7's, i Plan to have them all hooked up within the next month, with the same amp, and a Jl Audio 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 202
man u can get the orion2500d thats way better then the JLaudio 1000/1 for same price
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=426

Post Number: 8
what would be the rms at 3 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2049
stick with a 1000/1 it was basically made for that sub if your gonna go with something diff then go with a pg xenon

Post Number: 9
I'll probably stick with the 1000/1 just for the w7 but I'll look into getting something else for the two L7's ...Ok I this is my dream set up , I got the Subs and I can get the materials. I just need to know if I can build this bos without harming each other......
http://bigeric04.4t.com/Untitled-1%20copy.gif

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1240
I would like a crack at the PPI..Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 192
They stole your thread jexx :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us