My speaker wires are fried!

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 93
I had to take the sub out of my truck because I was going ot have a lot of people in it, so today I was putting the system back in, looked at the speaker wires that connects to my sub to my amp and some of the strands were BURNED! What could this be? Gain to high?

Username: Ericrusty

SAN ANTONIO, TX United States

Post Number: 2
I did that once where, I just wasnt thinking. I took out the Sub but never took out the inline fuse, lol. Did you take out the fuse Or dissconnect the remote wire?? Cause if you didn't the speaker wire's are still hot, and if they touch, you will see sparks,

just a thought.....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7868
make sure u always take ur neg- off of the battery when messing with anything that can get f*cked

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 94
Wait wait, I've never taked the system out, first time was on Saturday. Today when I was putting the loaded sub boc and getting ready to connect the speaker wire I noticed some of the bare wire that goes to the speaker terminals on the sub box were copper colored and melted. Not ENTIRE 4ft. of the 12g wire.

Username: Ericrusty

SAN ANTONIO, TX United States

Post Number: 6
Well when you unplugged the speaker, did you leave the amp in there? with the speaker wire's that are supposed to go to your speaker, oR did you unplug the speaker wire's from the amp too?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 201
what size amp and what kinda sub cause its mostly due to too small speaker wire your using or it could be you have a very cra*ppy brand of speaker wire!Maybe that speaker wire was soldiered or however u spell it on to the speaker and when its soldierd its a copper and looks melted.

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 71
HAHAHAHAHA these people funny. its cause you got a crappy sspeaker wire or its too small gauge nothing else!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us